Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

OH YEAH ! New CF steering wheel is in thanks to DCT and Broadway Performance!!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 12:26 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
OH YEAH ! New CF steering wheel is in thanks to DCT and Broadway Performance!!!!

1. Thanks to DTC for selling me the wheel at such a discounted rate. It was not exactly what I wanted, but for the price I could not pass it up. (I wanted CF on the lower half and a flat bottom ;() I am not sure if DTC has a website but I know you can reach Ivan here through the IM. The wheel quality is PERFECT and a chunky wheel with the bolsters just feels great in your hands. It really feels like your piloting a beast!

2. BIG thanks to John Nouri and Broadway Performance for the excellent job they did installing the wheel. John is a riot - the stuff he works on, fabricates and services is insane. While I was there he was building (FROM boxes!) an ultima GTR for a client. Just sick, sick stuff and I get the sense that john is not afraid to take on any job. If you are in tri-state area, John is def the ****! Johns site is here: http://www.broadway-performance.com/gallery.html

And now the pics!! (BTW - my wood wheel is now up for sale! -https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3128123)

First a quick pic of the Ultima GTR john was building (DROOL!!)

And now the install:

First things first - you MUST disconnect the battery!

That's John looking to see if you can see the airbag spring (most of the time, not):

Airbag is off!

This is the clip that is depressed to get the bag off - Its a ***** to find!

Next comes the mail wheel nut - This comes off with a special 12 point torx and an airgun

With the nut off, there are 2-3 cables to disconnect and then the wheel pretty much just falls off in your hand.

Here are some of the connectors to the airbag / steering controls

And now - BAM!

I cant be happier with this upgrade and again, cant thank DCT and John enough.

Last edited by roxboxxx; 02-19-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:52 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
That's Hot

Old 02-19-2011, 01:32 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
that looks sick!

I love how having the CF only on the top of the wheel echos the CF on top of your instrument cluster

thanks for all the pics

Old 02-19-2011, 01:44 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Cool-@ss wheel man; Love it ! I'm VERY picky about my wheels. Fatter the better; which is why I like BMW 'M' wheels. I'd love that in the lighter wood for mine...

Gotta ask 2 questions:
1) Where'd you get that red-backed gauge pkg ?
2) How does one remove that gauge display; say for a burnt-out light ?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:25 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
not a big CF fan, but that turns out very nice...

Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Turned out great, nice work! Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Looks great!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Looks nice and thank you for the post

Hi roxboxxx
thank you for the sharing and nice to work with you!
Enjoy the new steering wheel!

Ivan

Old 02-19-2011, 06:47 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DCTMOTORSPORTS
Hi roxboxxx

Ivan
Thanks Ivan - More satisfied than I expected and thanks again for the excellent service.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:45 PM
quattrotman is on a distinguished road
Love it. Looks perfect.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:48 AM
loveivs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DCTMOTORSPORTS
Hi roxboxxx

Ivan
Hi Ivan, Can you do Alcantara leather with CF ?
Like this:

I am also interested getting a new steering wheel.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:51 AM
Sorry to hijack the post, Roxboxxxxxxx.

Your new toy looks so sexyyyyy!! How is the handling feel compare to the stock one?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by loveivs
Sorry to hijack the post, Roxboxxxxxxx.

Your new toy looks so sexyyyyy!! How is the handling feel compare to the stock one?
Thanks bro- handling feel is good - both the tactile feel and how it responds in and out of a turn. What sucks is now my other cars feel like I am holding spagetti in my hands.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Thanks bro- handling feel is good - both the tactile feel and how it responds in and out of a turn. What sucks is now my other cars feel like I am holding spagetti in my hands.
SPAGETTI, LMAO, hahahhaha
Why you didn't go "Alcantara", isn't that more cool ?

Old 02-20-2011, 10:59 AM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
That is sweet to say the least!!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OH YEAH ! New CF steering wheel is in thanks to DCT and Broadway Performance!!!!