Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Modifying order.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:22 PM
cayguy0521 is on a distinguished road
Modifying order.

Is there are any ways to modify my order?

I heard they will start build the car in March 9th.

I want to add some options...

Old 02-19-2011, 10:24 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
My guess would be no, since your build date is so close. Check with your dealer. I can't quite remember, but I believe my order was locked a good 45-60 days before my build date, as I tried adding to mine as well.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 PM
cayguy0521 is on a distinguished road
Thank you! Man... why all wheels are so expensive?... For 21" Sport Edition wheels in Silver it costs $4875 when I order with vehicle and $6927.80 purchase by own...
Does anyone know where can I purchase used wheels? (modulare or other 21" wheels?)

Old 02-20-2011, 04:52 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cayguy0521
Thank you! Man... why all wheels are so expensive?... For 21" Sport Edition wheels in Silver it costs $4875 when I order with vehicle and $6927.80 purchase by own...
Does anyone know where can I purchase used wheels? (modulare or other 21" wheels?)
The reason they are less expensive when ordering with the vehicle is your are adding the upgraded wheels but deleting the stock wheels. Essentially by adding later you have purchased 8 wheels instead of 4. Adding to the expense by purchasing later, you have to buy larger tires also. You could use the stock smaller wheels for snow tires and sell the stock tires.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:49 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cayguy0521
Is there are any ways to modify my order?

I heard they will start build the car in March 9th.

I want to add some options...
I am trying this myself to add an option...it probably is slim, the dealer needs to call Germany tomorrow and determine if it can be changed as I am pretty far up in build queue. It is worth a try and to ask dealer. Good luck.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:36 AM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
my start build date was approx. Feb 17th though I have not yet seen this in writing. I got a change put through on 1/27 but the car was locked the next day; I too wanted more wheel.

You may squeak it by, but is questionable.

I've decided to to be happy with the ordered 19's as i realize that i hit back dirt roads more than most and that I'll probably throw snows on from time to time. And I'll run on the one inch lowered AS so looks should be ok if not spectacular.

My wife is fed up with too many wheels in the garage so i am taking the chickens way out.... and saving a few pennies in the meantime. if anyone sees a glitch with this thinking i would appreciate a heads up.

best of luck

Old 02-20-2011, 06:56 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ronl
my start build date was approx. Feb 17th though I have not yet seen this in writing. I got a change put through on 1/27 but the car was locked the next day; I too wanted more wheel.

You may squeak it by, but is questionable.

I've decided to to be happy with the ordered 19's as i realize that i hit back dirt roads more than most and that I'll probably throw snows on from time to time. And I'll run on the one inch lowered AS so looks should be ok if not spectacular.

My wife is fed up with too many wheels in the garage so i am taking the chickens way out.... and saving a few pennies in the meantime. if anyone sees a glitch with this thinking i would appreciate a heads up.

best of luck
Never a glitch in keeping your wife happy. Happily married for 34 years using the PAAP theory of marriage - Peace At Any Price.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:23 AM
ClutchnThrottle is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Never a glitch in keeping your wife happy. Happily married for 34 years using the PAAP theory of marriage - Peace At Any Price.
So true. Married 20 years. My theory is, "Happy Wife. Happy Life"

Old 02-21-2011, 11:00 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I tried with an early April build, and the factory said to dealer, it was too late in the production cycle. Hope you have better success with yours.