Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Burmester speaker vibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:59 PM
radiia is on a distinguished road
Burmester speaker vibration

I'm noticing a vibrating noise from my passenger door Burmester speakers during certain bass frequencies which just doesn't seem right - like the way it sounds when bass vibrates a loose object nearby.... any ideas?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:33 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
what audio format are u playing ? Good quality one ?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Listening to xm - maybe that's the reason???

Old 02-21-2011, 09:43 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Yup.. You just answered your question. So don't waste time searching for loose objects. There are none.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Put in high quality DVD - A and see if problem still exists....

Old 02-22-2011, 01:59 PM
I thought DVD-a was kinda out these days - couldn't find one at best buy. I really want to find some high quality music to really take adv of the burm - any suggestions?

Old 02-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
DVD-a can be found greater selections online amazon.com for example over best buy
Worth the leg work.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jace
Put in high quality DVD - A and see if problem still exists....
Hi Jace,are you referring to any video dvd?cause i have a bunch of great live shows on dvd with very good sound quality,and it would be great if i could enjoy them on my B
Even better would be to hook up a blu-ray player to it...

Old 02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
DVD-a is a DVD audio specifically.
The DVD video will have audio and play with same excellent sound.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:21 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Thanks,i actually never heard of a dvd-a
So I can play a dvd video while driving,listening not watching,and the video will not come up(does any kind of info show up on pcm ?)but i can still enjoy the same great quality audio?
I bet the B is perfect for a good live recording

Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 PM
dave-t will become famous soon enough
Sounds like you have a blown speaker or no sound dampening in your truck. Sound dampening material drastically reduces vibration from the speakers. A product like dynamat extreme does wonders. Is the problem only coming from one speaker? To find out shift the fade to one side of the truck then the other playing the same song in same spot. A blown speaker only acts up when hard notes to hit are played, low base or high trebie. Xm is not going to make your stereo sound bad even though it is compressed. I have an 11k aftermarket stereo in my cayman( Morel speakers and Focal amps) and XM sounds crystal clear. Bring your truck to the dealer and have them check out your speakers.

dave-t

Last edited by dave-t; 02-22-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Best to just search for DVD-a
Not sure ht the cayenne with BURM does with a DVD video for display.
My other cars still cycle
Through still shots..

Old 02-22-2011, 05:42 PM
+1 Dave - t

Old 02-22-2011, 05:46 PM
thanks dave-t, I'll do that...

Old 02-22-2011, 05:50 PM
dave-t will become famous soon enough
Good luck and let us know what the final outcome is.

dave-t

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Burmester speaker vibration