Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Questions about ordering Cayenne S Hybrid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 06:43 AM
preme123 is on a distinguished road
Questions about ordering Cayenne S Hybrid

1. Where can we find when the car was built? Is there any badges or stickers to inform us on the date of the car completed? Can we tell from the date of the tyres? Or from the chasis number? What informations can we find from the car? Such as date it was built, the options, etc etc....

2. I'm a little concerned with the PASM, what is it's life time? Since, we have tons of potholes and etc...will this reduce the life time of it? What would happen if it actually broke? Are the repair costs of this high?

3. The next question is the wheels, i have made up my mind and would go for the 21" inches. But i am deciding to go for the 911 wheels or the cayenne wheels? Which of them is the lightest and the toughest of all? I have heard that the 911 wheels are lighter and it's forged which means that it's going to be stronger?

4. The next question is about the weather effects to the hybrid. In Thailand it rains alot, but if it doesn't it's really hot. Hot in this case is Celsius to 40+ Celsius. May this be a major negative effect on the hybrid? Also, "FLOODS". I know that electric and water doesn't go well together. But how safe is my hybrid gonna be in the floods. It floods oftenly to about the height of the side walks. Which is about a foot maximum.....

5. The last but not least is that the Hybrid doesn't have differential locks? or it has one but it cant be manually engaged but automatically engage by itself in some situations? What if it went offroad, and the differentials would know and would lock up the differentials to serve the off-roading demands? (Just a curiosity, since i would never take it off-road but some rally-like trails. )

Thank you again! I will be driving a cayenne real soon! thanks so much!