Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche newbe Cayenne order questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 06:25 PM
scottlma is on a distinguished road
Porsche newbe Cayenne order questions

I am about to pull the trigger on my first Porsche - a Cayenne S - and would be interested to know what all you gurus think of the following (presuming Premium Plus and Bose packages, roof rails and US tow hitch, metalic black w/ black std interior):
- 19" Turbo wheels vs. std 18's - any reason not to do this (other than spend $$$ for even bigger wheels)?
- Dash compass or no compass ?
- is MSRP less 3K a reasonable price to pay ?
- does the telphone module option result in better reception on cell phone
due to external antenna ?

Thanks,
Scott

Old 02-27-2011, 06:27 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
lookup the costco price and also
http://zag.com/ which if you click buy a car there is several programs..
but I would think you should be able to do better then 3 grand.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
black std interior):
- 19" Turbo wheels vs. std 18's - any reason not to do this (other than spend $$$ for even bigger wheels)?
Personal choice. I did not. Plus think may get better ride with 18" and less damage if hit too many potholes.

- Dash compass or no compass ? There is a compass in the navigation, just does not show elevation. I backed away from it, but for 400, it is another personal choice as it can look cool on the dash.

- is MSRP less 3K a reasonable price to pay ? I think that is very fair. Some dealers are not discounting - think average is about 3% off list. To me, you cannot maximize on everything. I probably could have done slightly better with the price, but know the dealer and the service dept there, and they are not too far from my home. That all to me has value.

due to external antenna ? I don't know. It seemed clunky in the console and where I live there is virtually never a problem with reception.

Good luck with your order.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
Hi Scott. I ordered an S, also my first Porsche, third week in January and am set to finish production on Tuesday, but others have worse stories to tell.

What you order should depend on what you want to drive. Have you run performance vehicles and do you intend to tear up? If so, you should get PTV at minimum and consider PDCC.

I got the 19s and wish I had gone for the 20's but it is more for looks. Most performance SUVs come stock with same or less rubber than the S. Not the best bang for the buck but how you feel about the car is very important.

I was told not to order the telephone module, perhaps because I had the Premium plus. You may not need it.

Compass is nice looking but not a necessary frill.

Most here have had many Porsche's and won't consider anything less than full leather. They state though that darker colors in partial work best so you should be good to go with std blk.

I emailed Costco and got a call offering me 3k off msrp; I responded that many on internet are getting five to six percent; return call within minutes offered me six percent. My feeling is that inventory/allocations have gotten tighter and that discounting is tougher than two months ago.

Good luck. The wealth of experience and good will here is quite amazing.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Gooddoxbox is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scottlma
I am about to pull the trigger on my first Porsche - a Cayenne S - and would be interested to know what all you gurus think of the following (presuming Premium Plus and Bose packages, roof rails and US tow hitch, metalic black w/ black std interior):
- Dash compass or no compass ?
- is MSRP less 3K a reasonable price to pay ?
due to external antenna ?

Thanks,
Scott
I think the compass is $400 well spent. Not for the functionality, but for the look. It's a pretty large looking upper dash without it. My S is equipped with the $250 telephone module. I subsequently learned that unless you have a quad band gsm phone (highly unlikely) it's a total waste of money, and accomplishes absolutely nothing! I agree that if you have a little extra to pay, you should, at the very least, consider the leather interior. Makes a huge difference in the look of the interior IMO.