Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

question on rear seat heat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:10 AM
John in Bis will become famous soon enough
question on rear seat heat

I'm in the market for a Cayenne, 08 or earlier. Heated front seats are a must. However, most of the vehicles I have seen for sale don't seem to have heated rear seats, which are nice, particularly with leather seats. I assume that the Cayenne at least has ducts that direct warm air to the rear seat area. Is that correct? Can someone from a cold climate (like mine; it's 1 degree above zero F as I type this around noon) confirm that the Cayenne's rear seat area can be reasonably comfortable in very cold weather? Thanks.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I thought if they had front heated seats they had all four?

Do you have a link to one that only has front heated seats?

We take mine up skiing all the time here in Colorado with 4 people in it and no one is ever "cold" in the back. (but I also have 4 heated seats)

Old 03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
John in Bis will become famous soon enough
Here's the text from an 06 S for sale by a dealer:

CLEAN CARFAX LOW MILES NAVIGATION,BI-XENON,FULL LEATHER,PASM,FRONT & REAR PARK ASSIST,18”TURBOWHEELS. Here is a 2006 Porsche Cayenne S with only 47,875 miles. The interior and exterior both look great and as you can tell from the pictures, it has been very well cared for. This Cayenne comes equipped with Heated Front Seats, PCM 2.1 Navigation System, Bi-Xenon Headlights with Washers, Air Suspension with PASM, Full Leather, 18” Cayenne Turbo Wheels, Light Comfort Package with Driver Seat Memory, Front and Rear Park Assist, Moonroof, 6-Disc CD Changer and more all adding up to an original MSRP of $73,450.

As you can see, it refers only to heated front seats. For 08, front heated seats and steering wheel were option PK1. I'm pretty sure that heated rear seats were a separate option, though standard on the Turbo.

We have heated front and rear on our Saab, which is real nice this time of year.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I have people sit in my back seat that can't find the switch for the heated seats

Just because a dealer does not list it does not mean it is not there. They are probably not even looking for it.

Look through the pictures of the interior and see if there are heated seat switches on the back of the console.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
I have an '04 S that only has front heated seats. I live in Central Oregon and we can get some pretty cold days and nights. (in the minuses sometimes and very close to 0 other times) The rear has their own heat/AC vents on the B pillars and at the rear of the center console. It gets adequately warm in the back. No complaints from my kids or other passengers.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
My rear vents on the pillars don't blow worth a crap, even on high. But, the seat heaters are the best I've had on any vehicle. Fast and HOT. I'm pretty sure the rear heaters are part of a comfort package that includes the heated steering wheel, which is pretty trick too

Old 03-04-2011, 02:12 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
I was putting something in my back seat the other say and wondered about the B pillar vents. I will have to see how well they work. On the heated seat, They may have them, just have to look hard. I hate when people leave my back ones on cause I can never just reach back and find them to shut them off.. And as some know It took me almost 2 months to find my front 12v plugs.... stupid floor mats

Old 03-07-2011, 05:12 AM
BLKPPR is on a distinguished road
I know I don't have them on the rears just the front and I have a heated steering wheel. Is there any way to retrofit them in?

Old 03-07-2011, 04:13 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
There are few different options under the cold-weather package.
Mine has front heated seats but not on the rear, but has the muti-functional rear climate controller.

I wonder whether it's possible to retro-fit the heated seat function or not.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Both my daughters love the rear seat heaters for that 1 day a year it gets cold