Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Leather Seats Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:27 PM
ginatom is on a distinguished road
Cayenne Leather Seats Question

Hi.....I'm new to this forum but I purchased an 05 Cayenne w/Havanna Sand leather seats about 4 months go & my seats look horrible. They appear to have ground in dirt from the previous owner & I need suggestions on how to clean or restore them. I've tried a few different products and I had the car detailed a few months ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
Have you tried Letherique? There are 2 products that do a really good job in cleaning, conditioning and protecting leather. Use Letherique rejuvenator oil first then Letherique prestine clean after. Should give good results.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Originally Posted by Aperture776
Have you tried Letherique? There are 2 products that do a really good job in cleaning, conditioning and protecting leather. Use Letherique rejuvenator oil first then Letherique prestine clean after. Should give good results.
X100.

Have used it on many cars. Amazing results.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:24 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Best products: Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Cleaner.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
I'm gonna have to say Lexol.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:45 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
The product you use is not half as important as how you apply the product and agitate the dirt away. Get a quality leather brush. Have a small bucket handy to rinse out the dirt that accumulates on the hair as you gently but firmly agitate the dirt out of the leather. Have clean white rags to wipe/dab off the agitated dirt. It is time consuming, but it works well.

I was completely unimpressed by Lexol and I followed the directions exactly. I use Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner. It smells GREAT and works just as well.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey.....Thanks for all the good advice. I've tried Lexol & Zymol but I think the dirt is just grounded in too deep. I'm definitely going to try the leather brush and look into the Leatherique & Zaino products.

Ginatom's Pepper

Old 03-05-2011, 04:42 AM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
I have not had great results from Zaino. My seats were near perfect on my 08ctt. My seats now look like an 80 year old. Any one have any advise to get rid of wrinkles???? I am in need of Botox for my seats.

-JS

I will say that i have been highly impressed with all the Zaino wax and exterior products. They are top notch.

Originally Posted by ginatom
Hey.....Thanks for all the good advice. I've tried Lexol & Zymol but I think the dirt is just grounded in too deep. I'm definitely going to try the leather brush and look into the Leatherique & Zaino products.

Ginatom's Pepper

Old 03-06-2011, 07:57 AM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
bump

Old 03-23-2011, 06:47 PM
JS......I worked on my seats this past weekend and I must agree with the piano man......the leather brush really makes a difference. I didn't realize how dirty my seats were until I cleaned them using the leather brush, now they are very soft, clean & beautiful. My method was similar to the directions for leatherique but I used Zymol leather cleaner & conditioner. 1st I applied Zymol Leather Conditioner with a sponge applicator and let it sit in the sun with my windows closed for 2 hours. Then I sprayed on the Zymol Cleaner and used my leather brush to agitate the leather. This made the dirt pop & rise to the surface. I removed the dirt with a soft white microfiber towel and followed up with a new layer of Zymol Conditioner.

I'm not sure if this will help with your wrinkle problem but it made my Havanna Biege seats look almost new again.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Which leather brush did you have the great results with? Post a link.
Thanks

Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Jace
Which leather brush did you have the great results with? Post a link.
Thanks

Here's 2 links for the leather brush but I ordered from amazon.com. The 1st link has some great info on how & why this brush works:

http://www.autogeek.net/vilescbr.html

http://www.amazon.com/Magnolia-Brush-Vinyl-Leather-Scrub/dp/B0002U26OG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1300973420&sr= 1-2

Good Luck!