Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Seat belt housing cracked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 PM
bjustice is on a distinguished road
Seat belt housing cracked

When I purchased my 05 CS, the seat belt housing on the center rear seat was cracked. I took it to the stealership to get it fixed to the tune of around $150 with parts and service. Since then, the dealership ripped me off by having me do an unnecessary service (my fault for not doing my due diligence) but I have since decided to not do business with them.

Well, unfortunately for me, I broke the housing today when I tried folding down the rear seats to transport some furnature for my first baby (on the way). I've searched online for a do it yourself guide and suncoast for parts to no avail.

Has anyone run into this and/or have any advice for me? I'm not a very good do it yourself guy but I do have some friends who are. I want to avoid going back to the dealership if at all possible but it is aggravating me to no end that I did this.

The most aggravating part of it all is that the chair just barely did not fit and it would have cost me $100 to have the stuff delivered in the first place. So now I feel like I've spent $50 extra bucks to NOT have it delivered . Live and learn I guess...

I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I could not find any info out there.

Thank you all and I appreciate what a great resource this site is.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:29 PM
z145433 is on a distinguished road
I haven't seen a diy, and I think porsche doesn't sell the plastic cover only.
when one of the rear seat belt plastic covers broke on my cayenne the dealer replaced the entire unit that bolts into the floor. easy to do, just unbolt and replace, but I'm sure the entire unit will be 100 bucks at least.

a suggestion I've read is to try black heat tape to hold the plastic cover in place.