Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tiptronic Module Location ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:52 AM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Tiptronic Module Location ?

Hello Folks,
I'm replacing mine due to its failure. I've already purchased the item (NOT from the Stealer, so its 1/2 the cost)... but not sure where it lives.

Am sure somebody has does this or knows ?

Old 03-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Well, if anybody cares, I found it. Sits in a bracket with the Transfer Case Module UNDER the Passenger seat. Mine is next to the fire extinguisher, but others probably next to the DVD NAV.

Anyway, I'm hoping they just snap/pull out. Really not looking to remove that seat; nor probably could I.

You know when yours fails, you'll get a Square D replacing your M# or D#. Also, there's a new version with better shifting...woohoo.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Good info for the future (hopefully not). Good luck.

Mama

Old 03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
removing the seat is so easy, there are two clips that hold the seat from reclining. Remove the cover that covers your fire extinguisher and look to the both sides, you'll see the locks, it's so easy, no need for any tools. That's how you get the stuff that your car steals from you (aka coins, keys...).

Old 03-14-2011, 08:00 PM
I can't find those locks ! I just went down and took that cover off, reached and looked in there... No clips. However, I did find two large bolts under the carpet - just in front of each 'runner' ? The manual states not to remove these unless you have replacements (they're one use bolts).
Where are the clips ?

Originally Posted by canberk
removing the seat is so easy, there are two clips that hold the seat from reclining. Remove the cover that covers your fire extinguisher and look to the both sides, you'll see the locks, it's so easy, no need for any tools. That's how you get the stuff that your car steals from you (aka coins, keys...).

Last edited by RobsCountach; 03-14-2011 at 09:22 PM.