Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New to Porsche - what have people been paying for a Cayanne - looking to buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 04:26 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
New to Porsche - what have people been paying for a Cayanne - looking to buy?

Hi all - Not yet a Porsche owner...actually probably won't be technically since the Cayanne will be for the wife...but I wanted to inquire to see what everyone's been paying for their Cayanne's in SoCal (where I live) or anywhere else.

I'm currently in an M3 (looking at upgrading in the future to a 911 turbo at some point). When I got the M3 I called every dealer in SoCal and the best price I could get was sticker...I'm hoping to get the Cayanne below sticker...any good experiences / referrals?

Looking at either the Cayanne or the Cayanne S 2011/2012. Let me know it would be much appreciated and look forward to joining the community.

Thanks.

Mike

Old 03-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Not to sound mean but you should spell Cayenne right before owing one and you really won't get taken seriously nor will they come down on price just by calling. You need to do your homework on what you want the truck to have and negotiate price in person. IMHO.

Last edited by Mama'sCayenne; 03-14-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mama'sCayenne
Not to sound mean but you should spell Cayenne right before owing one and you really won't get taken seriously nor will they come down on price just by calling. You need to do your homework on what you want the truck to have and negotiate price in person. IMHO.
+1. what m3 do you currently have? e46 or e90?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome. Back in October (when I was in the market) many got 4 to 6% off on a custom order and 5 to 10% off on a existing vehicle. Recently they have been selling very close to MSRP. Be patient call around. High volume dealers are more willing to discount. Trouble is that many dealers say they have trouble keeping Cayennes on their lot.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:49 AM
jwat is on a distinguished road
just ordered recently

I just ordered a V6 Cayenne recently and my best offer ended up being 5.5% off MSRP. I ended up stickin with the local dealer as I had a close enough price and a loger term relationship. When I called around most offered $1000 off to start but getting much more was impossibe or more difficult. Severalmentioned that on CS or CTT there might be more ability to discount as more $$ in profit are made on those cars.

Good luck, call around and be patient.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Pacific Porsche is taking 4grand off the S and with a little bit of leg work, you can get the same off at downtown la porsche.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes my bad I copied and pasted that from somewhere so clearly someone else spelled it wrong also!

I appreciate the input looking for some tangible #'s or %'s.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by 2011PorscheCaye
+1. what m3 do you currently have? e46 or e90?
I picked up my E46 as a new 2004...last toy before I got married. Apparently its my wife's turn for a new car...then I get to go.

I've driven the E90/92 version as well pretty nice ride.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Yes my bad I copied and pasted that from somewhere so clearly someone else spelled it wrong also!

I appreciate the input looking for some tangible #'s or %'s.
No worries. We all get ribbed from time to time. Welcome to the Cayenne world. They are a great driving machine and good luck with your purchase.

Mama

Old 03-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Fkim011
Pacific Porsche is taking 4grand off the S and with a little bit of leg work, you can get the same off at downtown la porsche.
I tried to send you a PM but since I only have 3 posts I can't. Same restrictions on the M3 forums.

So I guess I'll just post this (it'll help get my post count up). Is that $4K off the MSRP w/o options for the S at Pacific / Downtown?

That's about a 6.5% discount. So will they discount the options as well?

Anyone specific to speak with at either dealership?

Thanks.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:34 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
local dealer told me no discount, but will give me the BEST service of selling me a car (hmmm).

Old 03-19-2011, 12:29 PM
dave-t will become famous soon enough
I know availability on the V6 is scarce. I am getting mine next week, I waited 5 month. Not sure what the current discount is if any. When my wife and I were at the dealership putting down our deposit someone came in and wanted to buy a Cayenne that day and was told at least 5 months. The price on the V6's also went up $3,500 from the original $47,700 from when i ordered, most likely due to demand.

dave-t

Old 03-19-2011, 01:15 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Despite some of the comments, I've purchased a few vehicles from the SoCal area by calling the dealerships and speaking with the fleet managers to negotiate price- 2 Lexus, 1 BMW, and most recently with my Cayenne. It's just not practical to drive all around SoCal speaking with each dealer in person.

Anyhow, last Sept, I custom ordered a V6 and was able to negotiate close to a 3% discount- not great, but fair, since no other dealership was willing to come down from msrp on the V6s at the time. I found another dealer willing to give $6k off msrp for any CS on the lot at the time. Allocations were tight late last year/early this year and discounts were drying up, but not sure what the market bears now. Good luck!

Old 03-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Alby is on a distinguished road
This thread does not make me feel good. V6 cayenne base model is $121,000 over here on road, 6 to 8 month wait and if you spend 10 plus k on accessories you could get about $1000 to $1500 discount.
We cannot buy a Jap suv for the money you guys are getting your Cayennes for

The V6 model does not sell well here ( my dealer said he has sold one) most go the diesel as it goes harder and better on fuel or they shell out an extra 40 k for the S

Old 03-19-2011, 03:42 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bruinxman
I picked up my E46 as a new 2004...last toy before I got married. Apparently its my wife's turn for a new car...then I get to go.

I've driven the E90/92 version as well pretty nice ride.
cool, the e46 was damn hard to buy for any less than MSRP; the e92 has been another story.

I'm in the SoCal area, and i got around 2% off my base cayenne (i put in a custom order in Feb). Most dealers wanted MSRP and of the few dealerships i went to they didn't even have any base cayennes on the lot for sale (rusnak porsche in pasadena didn't have a single one to even look at, base, s, or turbo).

the dealer was offering 3%+ for a S though. From what I've been hearing, and seeing when i visited the dealers, is that allocations are tight, and these cars (especially the base cayenne) can't be found on the lot regardless what dealership you go to in this area. so i believe them when they say that they have no incentive to sell for much less than MSRP since someones going to pick up the car anyways, and it's not like they get to order as many cayennes as they want due to allocation.

good luck! and let us know how it turns out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to Porsche - what have people been paying for a Cayanne - looking to buy?