Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsce Cayjun VS Range Rover Evoque

Old 03-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Trev is on a distinguished road
Porsce Cayjun VS Range Rover Evoque

Just finished reading an article about both the Range Rover Evoque and the newly annouced Porshe Cajun.
http://www.carfeed.net/news/read/aut...che_cajun.html

Got me thinking, which would you go for? They both look like they are going to be great cars but being British I guess I am biased and I'd go for an Evoque. I also think the Evoques a better looking car.

Trev

Old 03-16-2011, 03:08 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for posting this
Kudos to both compagnies for what seems like a modern and fun design
Probably nifty little city cars too
Would not mind having a baby pepper :-)
If i were British i would go for the RR,in racing green with a Burberry interior perhaps .... or else,in a groovy Austin Powers motif :-D

Last edited by pepper09tt; 03-16-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Mama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to allMama'sCayenne is a name known to all
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Thanks for posting this
Kudos to both compagnies for what seems like a modern and fun design
Probably nifty little city cars too
Would not mind having a baby pepper :-)
If i were British i would go for the RR,in racing green with a Burberry interior perhaps .... or else,in a groovy Austin Powers motif :-D

Yeahhhh babyyyy.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:40 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mama'sCayenne
Yeahhhh babyyyy.
Shagadelic

Old 03-16-2011, 03:52 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Range rover has been rated as the most unreliable car.
but as long as the dealer gives out loaners.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:27 PM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
Maybe this is just me, but I wouldnt take a RR over a Cayenne and I surely wouldn't even consider an "evoque" over a Cajun... Especially when the Cajun is "puppy cute" and the evoque is like a mini golf cart in my eyes. Then again, I am biased because I have a separate bank accuont designed specifically to house my Cajun funds for when its released.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 PM
YellowCayenneS will become famous soon enoughYellowCayenneS will become famous soon enough
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...haping_up.html

They might be going for 1st open top SUV in next 5-10 years... hmmm!!

Old 03-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Alby is on a distinguished road
That size vehicle in a SUV does not appeal to me personally but having owned Rangerovers for my last 3 cars I do have a soft spot for them and like that they always look different from other makes, something that cannot be said for the Porsche, their SUV styling has a lot of similarities to some of the Japanese ( and Korean) manufacturers. Of course apart from the initial glance the similarities stop.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:06 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I am not sure I understand the idea of a smaller SUV . What is the purpose of building a vehicle which is small enough to be an M3 (interior space) but high enough to lose to an M3 ? Isn't a sport utility vehicle supposed to have utility ? OK .. so it's bigger than a 911 , smaller than a Cayenne or Panamera . So why not build a rival for the 3 series ?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Alby is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I am not sure I understand the idea of a smaller SUV . What is the purpose of building a vehicle which is small enough to be an M3 (interior space) but high enough to lose to an M3 ? Isn't a sport utility vehicle supposed to have utility ? OK .. so it's bigger than a 911 , smaller than a Cayenne or Panamera . So why not build a rival for the 3 series ?
Agree with you 100% I am sure they both will be popular but they are in a bit of a nothing category.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:11 PM
mikezlee is on a distinguished road
Yes, this category almost makes no sense. When BMW came out with the X6, I had thoughts of getting it. But then the trunk was so tiny, and couldn't carry anything big at all. It's like buying a 5 series that is higher off the ground. There's nothing utility about these models at all.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:55 PM
mikezlee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wagonthedog
Smaller SUV makes perfect sense to me. They've proven they can build a full-size SUV that people will buy, and now they want to offer another smaller version which will be dynamically superior and whose lower price of entry will capture more consumers (similar to the strategy of the Boxster/Cayman).

I'm sure these will sell like hotcakes as they will have entry level prices. I have nothing against them. They're just not "utility" vehicles.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:45 AM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
Personally I'd go for the Cayjun if I had to choose. I really like the looks of the Evoque but the Cayjun wins and I'm sure it will be more fun to drive.

I'm with some though that the point of it is a little bit of a stretch. I'd rather have a "true" utility vehicle and a second "fun" vehicle than one that tries to do both.

Why I have the CTT and a BMW E30 track/DD...until I can get a 911 Turbo.

Originally Posted by YellowCayenneS
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...haping_up.html

They might be going for 1st open top SUV in next 5-10 years... hmmm!!
Already being done...kind of. It is a "cross over" but kind of an SUV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVsIEiGAiZs

Old 03-18-2011, 09:48 AM
I like the idea of a baby pepper
And the way Porsche is adding new cars to their lineup: different models(all fun to drive) for different peeps and uses
The Cayjuhhhn is smaller,cute and should sell well...giving Porsche some added funds for R&D
As far as the RR is concerned,i reserve judgement till I see one in person..cause as much as the front is sporty and agressive in a cool way,the back has a truncated look like it was flattened by a slab of concrete

Last edited by pepper09tt; 03-18-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Small SUV makes sense. There are a lot of places/cities on Earth that has tight roads and small parking spots. Cayennes are too big in these places.

Even though they may be just as long as a 3 series, when you flip both rear seats back down, I'm sure it can swallow a lot more cargo than the 3.

I can see a Cajun in my garage for the kids to use.

I cannot buy a Range Rover as it will "dilute" my collection.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsce Cayjun VS Range Rover Evoque