Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rate My V6 Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:29 PM
SilverForumSurf is on a distinguished road
Rate My V6 Build

Pleae let me know your thoughts on my build, getting close to pulling trigger:

2011 Cayenne V6

Convenience Package (PCM Navi, Driver Memory, Heated Front Seats, Auto dimming mirrors, Moonroof)
Reversing Camera with ParkAssist
Thermally and Noise Insulated Glass
Servotronic
8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto
Wheel Hub Cover with Colored
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Light Comfort Package
Porsche Crest Embossed on Front and Rear Headrest

MSRP: $63,000
Best Offer: $60,000

On the fence about:
1) Maybe getting Bose Audio but trying to be budget disciplined.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 AM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
There is a thread "Fun with numbers" that you should check out given that you are interested in rear camera, lane change and park assist. Not sure whether any suspension goodies come in the package for Cayenne as they do for the S.

I personally don't buy the theory that suspension goodies are wasted on Cayennes- going through corners at speed is why most of us buy performance vehicles in the first place so pasm, air suspension, ptv are all worthy of your attention (pdcc out of budget).

A radio can be upgraded anytime, suspension goodies not. I would kill all the crest stuff for performance stuff. Just one man's opinion.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:39 AM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
the insulated glass is probably overkill for a budget Cayenne as well, though you may have your special reasons. Hope all this helps; obviously if you are not into the cayenne for the performance aspect, some of the other stuff makes sense. It is quite as stunner just as an upscale SUV for daily commutes.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
At that price point and with the way you have it configured, you should be able to get the Prem+ package, which gives you most of what you added plus a few extra goodies such as the 14 way seats (which are great btw), rear heated seats, ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel, and roll up sunshades for a nominal increase in cost. Would be well worth it IMO.

I see you're in LA, not sure if you use Fast Pass, but the insulated glass could interfere... How about wheels? Not sure of the color you chose, but I'm a huge fan of the $150 Ext. in High Gloss Black option that replaces the silver window trim with black. Much cleaner IMO look if you don't have the aluminum roof rails to match.