Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

What options are a must and what options would you pass on if you had a do over?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 02:39 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
What options are a must and what options would you pass on if you had a do over?

Premium package?

Bose audio system?

entertainment package for the kids?

Let me know what everyone thinks.

The sales person was trying to tell me how cool this $500 compass was...even though the Nav. shows directions.

Thanks.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:48 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6 speed. We need more info. Would you be satisfied with a reliable, safe, well built SUV with more than decent performance then you would be more than happy with the base Cayenne along with a few frills. I am yet to see any V6 owner be unhappy with their car. If you want the SUV to perform higher then the way to go is ponny up the dollars for a V8 with atleast PASM and air suspension. The ultimate set up IMO is PASM, AS, PTV and PDCC but again that is top dollars. We need more info. What is your budget. Are you an audiophile .. if so then check out the Burmester and at the very least go for the BOSE which is quite good. Please go trhough the last three months worth of posts and you will have plenty of worthy replies. I think you might like this thread that I started recently. I will hopefully be updating it soon.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ferrerid=40996

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 03-24-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
how many miles do you have on her w00t?

Old 03-24-2011, 03:29 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I ordered the Prem Package, Entry/Drive, Ext. in High Gloss Black, and the 19" Turbo wheels on my V6. No regrets, but if there is one thing I missed in the first month or so of having the car, it was the reversing camera. However, I'm still not sure I would get it if I did it over again with a V6 given the pricing structure of the packages. I would highly consider PASM based on what I've read and what everyone else says about it, but the standard suspension is still better than anything else I've driven. "Must haves" are so subjective...

The compass is more for the look vs. function... yes, you can get the direction from the Nav, but you can also add it to the small screen in the dash.

Personally, I think the entertainment system is a waste these days since you can get an iPad for $500.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:51 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jace
how many miles do you have on her w00t?
1900 miles ... oil level has dipped one bar so far.

Originally Posted by slw23
.. the standard suspension is still better than anything else I've driven.

..."Must haves" are so subjective...the compass is more for the look vs. function.

Personally, I think the entertainment system is a waste these days since you can get an iPad for $500.
Totally agree with everything my friend slw23. He knows this current gen Cayennes only too well. He better coz he is the owner of my Cayenne's twin sister .. or brother.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by slw23
I ordered the Prem Package, Entry/Drive, Ext. in High Gloss Black, and the 19" Turbo wheels on my V6. No regrets, but if there is one thing I missed in the first month or so of having the car, it was the reversing camera. However, I'm still not sure I would get it if I did it over again with a V6 given the pricing structure of the packages. I would highly consider PASM based on what I've read and what everyone else says about it, but the standard suspension is still better than anything else I've driven. "Must haves" are so subjective...

The compass is more for the look vs. function... yes, you can get the direction from the Nav, but you can also add it to the small screen in the dash.

Yeah I was thinking of getting it with PASM. Wait the car doesn't come standard with Entry/Drive?

How does the V6 feel? Did you test the V8?

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Also I heard there were some computer programming issues with the entry/drive system...anyone experience this?

Old 03-25-2011, 02:53 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
w00t- when are you updating your thread? Still looking forward to seeing and reading more!

Entry/drive is not standard, it's an option on all trims. I haven't experienced any issues whatsoever with it, but I have read that others have had some intermittent issues.

I think the V6 is great. It has ample power, and in no way have I felt it being underpowered or slow for an SUV of it's size, both with city and highway driving. I won't win many races, but I'm very happy with it thus far (2 months). Putting it into Sport mode also completely changes the transmission mapping. Kind of makes me feel like that's how it should always drive, but I assume MPG would suffer as a result.

I did test the CS first, but it was about a month or so before the V6, tough to get a good feel for the power difference with the 15 mins of city driving. But honestly, I don't think one can fairly compare the two. The CS is pretty fast for an SUV, close to a full 2 secs faster 0-60 than the V6. If you have any doubts and budget is not a concern, go with a CS. I felt the V6 had enough power and it worked better with my budget after options, so that's what I went with. Good thing is, you can't go wrong with either... it's a great vehicle, my favorite so far.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:32 AM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
The air suspension is must. Mt ctt h it and the comforcomfort mode makes the washington DC streets a breeze.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by racerjsz
The air suspension is must. Mt ctt h it and the comforcomfort mode makes the washington DC streets a breeze.

+1 on air suspension. I have a CTT - so it was standard - but I am surprised at how much I change it given road conditions and my mood - and all three settings have their respective merits and I keep mine in the low position which looks best. If your budget allows for the 'S', I would most certainly do that and given the standard options of the S vs the 6, might likely equate pretty good value. I love the 21" Turbo 2 wheels the most on my SUV because they are perfectly suited to the mass of the body and the wheel well - and I like to gaze at my cars in the laneway - however I do know others won't buy into that. I ordered mine with entry/ drive which I cannot live without now - PTV & PDDC which I am indifferant to so might pass next go around - double insulated glass I like a lot as the truck is quiet - opted out of the Burmeister and glad I spent that money on wheels and very pleased with Bose - compass is a must have as it looks cool - aluminum front/ rear like because a lot of guys didn't do that - aluminum roof rails like alot and can't install after I don't think - but paint the underside of the rockers, front and rear if you can do that as an option now...which would be the first box I check if ordering today.

It is a marvelous machine - would buy again in a heartbeat.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:43 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
+1 on air suspension, back up and mirror blind spot warnings very nice too.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:49 PM
FJS961 has a spectacular aura aboutFJS961 has a spectacular aura about
1900 miles ... oil level has dipped one bar so far.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I only managed 540 miles on my CTT before I got the oil at min level warning and had to throw in a quart

Old 03-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Plexiform will become famous soon enough

I hate to say it but I absolutely HATE my V6 cayenne. I will never buy a Cayenne again ...underpowered beyond belief. Its working fine...I've had it checked out...its just a sorry little V6 that would be better suited in a small car like a VW jetta or something like that. My Acura RL and 78 930 Turbo make the Cayenne seem like the ugly station wagon from the Brady Bunch. If you must buy a Cayenne, make its a V8 at least...better yet the turbo or better still, just buy something else.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:36 AM
FranklinGonz is on a distinguished road
Judging by your signature data, you're talking about the 2005 V6 Cayenne? I've heard the 2011 V6 engine is adequate for daily use... so i've heard!

FG

Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by FranklinGonz
Judging by your signature data, you're talking about the 2005 V6 Cayenne? I've heard the 2011 V6 engine is adequate for daily use... so i've heard!

FG
exactly. Keep in mind, the 2011 are 500lbs lighter, handle better and have a slightly tweaked V6 compared to the '05's. It felt plenty fast for an SUV to me when i test drove!

Check out this thread:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...138-post1.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What options are a must and what options would you pass on if you had a do over?