Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

EVOMS intake + Fabspeed bypass

Old 04-02-2011, 10:19 AM
89Tiger is on a distinguished road
EVOMS intake + Fabspeed bypass

So it's been about 2 mos since I installed the hardware on my 2005 955 Cayenne S...and I now own a badazz truck! Great call Roxx. :-D

The only negative? Lack of backpressure at low rpm's. The Cayenne ECU shifts early to keep the revs low to improve gas mileage, so this is noticeable when tooling around town. The solution? Use the sequential manual and keep this beast above 3k on the tach where it belongs. Who cares about $4 gas.

Next step is new ECU (since I already did H&R springs and 22" OZ rims).

GIAC or EVOMSit?

Old 06-25-2011, 07:30 AM
imtheprez is on a distinguished road
I picked up a 06 Cayenne S recently to mess around with (wife has '11 CTT).

The 06 s was way to good of a deal to pass on. So now I wanna add few things and I'm about to order the EVOM Intakes, and Fabspeed bypass pipes, ECU upgrade. Havent decided on which ECU either...

Old 06-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Strongly recommend looking @ other bypass pipes

I immediately had rattling, which was especially noticeable from 3-5k rpm. Called Fabspeed and they sent brackets that I need to weld on as a retrofit. (Exactly - the brackets should've been included in the first place.)

Not even 4 months later, crack opens in the flex pipe that connects primary cat to bypass pipe on passenger side. Friendly folks @ Fabspeed stood by their product so well that they argued with me forever until I paid for a new flex joint...that they had in stock. This was last Friday...flex joint hasn't been handed over to FedEx yet.

Caveat emptor, my friend.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:39 AM
khairo82 is on a distinguished road
does the bypass hs anything to do with back pressure ??

Old 06-28-2011, 05:50 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Tiger, the fabspeed guys tend to monitor these forums quite a bit......maybe this will get you back on track and they reach out to you on the flex joint issue...

Old 06-29-2011, 12:59 AM
quattrotman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 89Tiger
Strongly recommend looking @ other bypass pipes

I immediately had rattling, which was especially noticeable from 3-5k rpm. Called Fabspeed and they sent brackets that I need to weld on as a retrofit. (Exactly - the brackets should've been included in the first place.)

Not even 4 months later, crack opens in the flex pipe that connects primary cat to bypass pipe on passenger side. Friendly folks @ Fabspeed stood by their product so well that they argued with me forever until I paid for a new flex joint...that they had in stock. This was last Friday...flex joint hasn't been handed over to FedEx yet.

Caveat emptor, my friend.
My leistung motorsports bypass comes with hangers. No rattling or any other probs thus far. I recommend them to everyone. They are a little more than half the price of fabspeed's units too!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:41 AM
How would you compare those pipes to the fabspeed sound wise? Easy to install?

This 06 CS is gonna be my side project so I'll have a build thread coming in the future

Old 06-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
89Tiger: The flex pipe shipped from our facility yesterday so you should receive that tomorrow in IL. Also, we've sold three sets of our high-flow 200 cell primary sportcats recently because of the stock flex pipes breaking. Your case is the first with a Fabspeed catbypass installed. Also if you apply pressure to the catbypass pipe while you tighten the stock rear clamps, you will have enough clearance between the bypass pipe and the transmission brace. I have sold many of these bypass pipes for the 955/957/958 Cayennes and not one has had the hangers installed.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:07 AM
loveivs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 89Tiger

The only negative? Lack of backpressure at low rpm's. The Cayenne ECU shifts early to keep the revs low to improve gas mileage, so this is noticeable when tooling around town. The solution? Use the sequential manual and keep this beast above 3k on the tach where it belongs. Who cares about $4 gas.

Next step is new ECU (since I already did H&R springs and 22" OZ rims).

GIAC or EVOMSit?
You are right. The cayenne ECU shifts too early. My solution is too use the shift button. I wonder why Porsche don't give us pedal, the design of those buttons on the steering wheel is BAD.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:24 AM
quattrotman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by imtheprez
How would you compare those pipes to the fabspeed sound wise? Easy to install?

This 06 CS is gonna be my side project so I'll have a build thread coming in the future
Liestung motorsport's pipes sound the same. My friend has fabspped pipes and there is no sound difference or difference in quality. Fairly easy to istall except for the sometimes rusty cat nuts but the include a handy flexible wrench which is a lifesaver on the top nuts. Otherwise its easy. Plan on 2hrs max if you are somewhat handy. Instructions are great to by the way. Trust me, you wont be disappointed and youll pay half as much. I have nothing to do with the company either i just like helping others get a good product for a fair price.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna order them soon and if I like how they sound I'll put them on the wife's CTT.

She gets the '11 CTT and I get the 06 CS hahaha just doesn't seem fair huh?
....but it will be once the lambo I'm gonna buy is in the garage

Old 07-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Joey, you and Alex need to get your stories straight...that's the first and last product I'll ever buy from FS

Mr Prez, saw a crazy midnite blue Murci this am that's got your name on it. Will keep you posted on my adventure with the flex pipe that I paid for and brackets that FS sent, and more importantly the ECU reflash

Old 07-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Well, the flex joint didnt fit...too short...so back to FS it goes.

I need to figure this out (upgraded cat? return to stock? different bypass pipe?) so I can re-focus on the fun stuff.