Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Benefits of Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:07 AM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Benefits of Air Suspension

Other than off road capabilities and towing assistance, can someone explain other benefits from the air suspension? I have it on my MB GL and never use it, and I am considering the Premium Package plus on a 2011 CS, but since most of the cost of this package is the air suspension, I am conflicted. It is also just one more high tech component to repair/replace for mega $$.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:11 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
i liked it because of the adjustable ride height, you could add lowering links and make each height "slightly" lower as well with ease..

towing it auto levels
offroad you can be higher

overall ride is much better as well "floating on air"

i did not order it and wished i did, 4k IS expensive.. wish you could get it without PASM for the 2k.

my main reasons for buying would have been: car looks better 1" lower... car would ride better daily, auto level for hauling, and could raise 2" when you wanna go over stuff..

Old 04-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I want many of the options of the Premium Package plus anyway, so financially, it makes sense since this package is about $4K and the air suspension is $4k alone. Essentially, you get a bunch of options for free (LCA, Rear Camera, power sunscreens, LCP, heat/vent seats). Think the wife will buy the logic??

Old 04-03-2011, 04:09 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by WFBlue
Thanks for the thoughts. I want many of the options of the Premium Package plus anyway, so financially, it makes sense since this package is about $4K and the air suspension is $4k alone. Essentially, you get a bunch of options for free (LCA, Rear Camera, power sunscreens, LCP, heat/vent seats). Think the wife will buy the logic??
LOL, the options list makes each jump "logical" but at the end the price is $$$$.

some guy on another forum figured out the big package is like 5k savings over buying the stuff separately.. which is nice BUT there is probably 5k in options in there that someone wouldn't order in the first place...

5k free, but 5k extra... i'd leave the latter out of the nego w/ wife.lol

Old 04-03-2011, 04:29 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO, air suspension transforms the handling to a different level. Go test drive one back to back and you will know the difference.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
IMHO, air suspension transforms the handling to a different level. Go test drive one back to back and you will know the difference.
Is the air suspension one of those "likely to break items?

Old 04-03-2011, 05:46 PM
adamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the rough
I can't comment on air suspension breaking, I have had a CPO cayenne with air susp for only a few months...

However, it is really nice across all settings and I am surprised how much I make the adjustments. Coming from my C4, I prefer to lower it and get more of a sporty drive...then once the wife complains about the bumps and my speed, I raise it and add in the comfort shock stuff that all cayennes have.

I like it, also to credit the above poster, the car looks totally different parked in front of the house with it lowered & raised...lowered looks best!

Old 04-03-2011, 06:39 PM
adammich, I grew up in New Rochelle. Where are you in Westchester.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:42 PM
adamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the rough
near croton....send me a PM

Old 05-25-2011, 12:24 AM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
My mechanic tells me the air suspensions are pretty much bullet proof. I wouldn't own one without it.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:44 AM
mondohoss is on a distinguished road
My 10 year old son loves it. I usually drive at the lowest level.

At a red light, we pulled up next to a jacked up Ford with a teenager driving it.
The teen acting typical on a Friday night, was a little surprised
as my son started to lift us up... to look the teen in his eye.

We will remember that one for awhile...

Old 05-25-2011, 10:20 AM
fc_
fc_ is on a distinguished road
on the 2011, you can't select loading level while driving right?

Old 05-25-2011, 06:45 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
On the 955's it was the difference between a somewhat jarring ride and a near silky ride. Def think the compare and contrast advice is the best given the cost.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:05 PM
carreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the rough
air suspension is like night and day compared to springs.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by carreracup03
air suspension is like night and day compared to springs.
How so? Really torn on this option and would be grateful for a little more detail. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Benefits of Air Suspension