Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Solution to Loud Squeaking brakes on a 11 Turbo??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 PM
ok_computadora is on a distinguished road
Solution to Loud Squeaking brakes on a 11 Turbo??

has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? My 04 S had this same problem and the dealer was able to fix it then.

this time the dealer suggested trying some agressive 70-0 braking but still no luck. I have 1000 miles and the squeaking is still terribly loud and embarassing and dealer is telling me to just deal with it

Old 04-03-2011, 04:12 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Thats not great customer service. Did you try calling PCNA ?

Old 04-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
I've no experience with the new gen, but brake noise is a known fact for Cayennes and they are affected to various degrees. Doesn't matter who you call, the answer is the same - live with it.

Other than my Panamera, all my Porsches have brake noise. I'm so used to them already...

Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Cannoli is on a distinguished road
"Typically" brake squeal is when the pads are dragging and or vibrating against the rotor or caliper body under a light braking load.

The next time you wash the vehicle give the calipers a good cleaning with the water hose and wash away all of the brake dust that has accumulated. This works for me on all of my cars - domestic and foreign.

Another fix is to have some non-water soluble paste/grease between the backside of the brake pads and the caliper pistons. I even apply the grease on the sides of the pads that could rub against the side walls (body) of the calipers. I do this every time I change pads.

For the paste/grease, I use Permatex Anti-Seize. No more squeeky for me!

Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Don't bother with pcna either. They'll just tell you that it's by design. WTF is that supposed to mean??? Don't tell me! WTF?

Old 04-03-2011, 09:38 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
do 70-5 stops without getting into ABS numerous times 8-10 times very close together (old back road without cars?) it will heat everything up real good and hopefully stop the issues by "bedding" the pads properly.. make sure where you go is like 5 mins from your house as the drive back will allow them plenty of time to cool down (they will be really hot)...

see what that does, stopping isnt ideal.. the 70-0 is to heat everything up and successive decel's very hard w/o ABS kicking in will heat em up quick.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 AM
chrisamgyeung is on a distinguished road
My '11 CS has really squeeky brakes. I've been told they are normal and to do a few hard stops. The hard stops make them go away after a while, but it comes back after a few weeks.

I've kind of learned to live with them since my '04 996TT, but I agree, its really embarrassing when you come to a stop and people stare at you thinking WTF is wrong with your new car.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Cannoli is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by chrisamgyeung
The hard stops make them go away after a while, but it comes back after a few weeks.
... high pressure water into the pads/rotor ... wash away the pad dust. What do you have to loose - other than time and water?

The squealing noise is caused by a high-frequency vibration - sure, if you apply more braking pressure, aka "stand on the brakes", the vibration/squeal goes away.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:13 AM
X GTS X will become famous soon enoughX GTS X will become famous soon enough
I have no idea about the new gen.. but I think u have to lean to live with it

Old 04-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Ceramics and 60-70 degrees, 1200 miles so far and no squeaks. Try all the above. Good luck. But with previous high performance breaks they all squeak at one time or another some more than others. My GTS squeaked.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
I brought my 2011 CTT in for just this item - the noise was driving me crazy. They (the dealer) posted it on the Porsche tech line - three weeks now and still no responce. The good news is, it has now stopped. It was embarrassing there for a while...

Old 04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I dont have the problem, at least not yet with 5800 miles. But let us know if there is a fix for it. I hope they figure it out for you, sorry to hear it.

Old 08-17-2022, 01:00 AM
Cesarrieta is an unknown quantity at this point
High pitched squeak on reverse at low speed

Has anyone experienced this? 2020 Cayenne. Having this crazy embarrassing high pitch noise when I back out of a spot and start turning the wheel. Normally happens after I run the car for 30 mins, park bit at a store then when I reverse out of a spot, it just screams!

Ive taken to the dealer and all pads, rotors, discs, you name it has been changed. Cleaned, polished, hard brake, etc. The dealer has had my car for at least 10x about this and they can't figure it out.

Doesn't sound like a brake issue to me but seems like the noise is coming from more the middle part of the car engine.

Can anyone pls advice?