Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Sprint booster - Which mode, "Sport" or "Race"?

Old 04-05-2011, 01:26 AM
kcheng616 is on a distinguished road
Sprint booster - Which mode, "Sport" or "Race"?

I'm thinking about ordering the Sprint Booster for a 2009 Cayenne V6. Just wondering which mode most are using out there, "Sport" or "Race" mode? Is there a huge difference between the two modes?

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 AM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KC616
I'm thinking about ordering the Sprint Booster for a 2009 Cayenne V6. Just wondering which mode most are using out there, "Sport" or "Race" mode? Is there a huge difference between the two modes?

Thanks!
Its not "huge" but noticable. I always kept mine in race, but then again, I always drove a little fast as well.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor
SprintBooster is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by KC616

Thanks!
KC616, Once you install a Sprint Booster, I will not take you very long to the mode that best appeals to you. Remember, you have 30 days to decide if this product meets or exceeds your expectation. We are confident it will.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post here or email us at Info@SprintBoosterUSA.com

Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
So I traded my RS4 and got my wife a new Avant that I modifed with a body kit, wheels and exhaust...but the 2.0 T motor was a little weak out of the gate,...once the turbo spooled up it was fine....but to get there was somewhat boring. Installed a Sprint Booster and immediately, the thing is a blast to drive - nice and quick off the mark. My wife keeps it in "Sport" - I put it in "Race" the odd time, but Sport is plenty typically...and when my 16 YO son will drive it, I can turn it back to stock with the push of a button. It is great value, a nice mod for not a lot of money.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:36 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
does this void the faktory warranty?
i want to get one if it doesn't

Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 PM
lnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura aboutlnferno has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
KC616, Once you install a Sprint Booster, I will not take you very long to the mode that best appeals to you. Remember, you have 30 days to decide if this product meets or exceeds your expectation. We are confident it will.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post here or email us at Info@SprintBoosterUSA.com
Can you help me understand how the 3 position USB switch works? What and where does this plug into? Is it in an easy place to reach, so if you are at a light, you can switch programs on the fly?

Old 04-06-2011, 02:40 AM
RisingAgainst is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lnferno
Can you help me understand how the 3 position USB switch works? What and where does this plug into? Is it in an easy place to reach, so if you are at a light, you can switch programs on the fly?
You route the wire to wherever you'd like. You push it once to go from "Clear" to "green" which is sport, then again to red, and again to clear. It plugs in right above the gas pedal and I hid the wire along the seam in the center console and the carpet and installed it right underneath the driver side grab handle. I've seen fancier where one guy had the button dash mounted inside an unused button on the PCM.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
does this void the faktory warranty?
i want to get one if it doesn't
Our Product is a TUV Approved product. We take safety and build quality above all else. Our product is plug and play and does not require cutting of any wires.

We are not aware of our customers encountering problems with our product in regards to warranty.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:04 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I've had one of these for a while but no buttons -just one level. Is there a new unit available? I have it on an '09 Cayenne Turbo S and in traffic it can be a little "jumpy." It would be nice to be able to turn it off or lower the amount of "boost" it supplies.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 04-06-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
I've had one of these for a while but no buttons -just one level. Is there a new unit available? I have it on an '09 Cayenne Turbo S and in traffic it can be a little "jumpy." It would be nice to be able to turn it off or lower the amount of "boost" it supplies.
Yes Imcarnuts. 2 Years ago we released a selectable version which allows you two levels of throttle enhancement + the ability to deactivate the unit. You can order this from www.SprintBoosterUSA.com or from any of our authorized Dealers.

Last edited by SprintBooster; 04-07-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:23 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Our Product is a TUV Approved product. We take safety and build quality above all else. Our product is plug and play and does not require cutting of any wires.

We are not aware of our customers encountering problems with our product in regards to warranty.
Thanks for being here. Is there any performance difference between the current and original (single program) version?

Thanks again.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
How is SB any different than just pressing your foot further down on the gas pedal?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
How is SB any different than just pressing your foot further down on the gas pedal?
It dramatically reduces (to near nothing) the throttle response. Pushing down more, or blipping the pedal, simply shortens the response but doesn't eliminate it.

Last edited by denversteve; 08-30-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:44 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Ok... but I fail to see how that's good. If I want my car to respond faster then I give it gas. If there is no proper onset of throttle response and it just goes to almost WOT, then I would think you'd be losing partial control of your vehicle. Especially if you have a powerful car. I spin my tires in 2nd gear if I'm not careful in my S600, and my Cayenne TT almost jumps in sport mode. Why would anyone want a WOT at the touch of a pedal? Maybe if it's a weak car with heavy delays and no sport mode... otherwise I just see it as giving up the ability to modulate the onset of throttle in critical situations.

Again, I still fail to see what SB does that you cant do with a pedal.

Originally Posted by denversteve
It dramatically reduces (to nothing) the throttle response. Pushing down more, or blipping the pedal, simply shortens the response but doesn't eliminate it.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Here's a review from another forum: " It does exactly what you think it's going to do. Makes the throttle more responsive and makes the power much more available. Yes, you could just "push the pedal farther down and get the same result" - as you've seen on many forum reviews - but it's more practical than i thought. It's not over-sensitive, it just removes that little dead-zone in the throttle. Example - you're going 40mph on a city road and want to pass a car - little bit of throttle, and the revs jump up and you fly around without really thinking about it at all. On the highway, just the weight of your foot throws you past people to pass."

However, if it's not for you, it's not for you. Many others do appreciate the lack of throttle delay. To me, having a quicker throttle response is a much safer way to drive.

Last edited by denversteve; 08-30-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sprint booster - Which mode, "Sport" or "Race"?