Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Need to some advice on a mod...

Old 04-11-2011, 06:31 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Need to some advice on a mod...

Hey guys. Need the opinions of fellow board members.

Here is my dilema. I had to buy my CTT off the lot in December after BMW rapidly decided they were going to do a buyback on my X5M (after 3 months of dealing with them with the vehicle in the shop). I had no time to order, as I had originally hoped.

There were a few options I considered essential, and others that I considered optional. For instance, wanted white. However, while I preferred the cognac/espresso interior had to settle on one in black. Wanted Burmester, but couldn't find one with Sport package and Pano with the other essentials with Burmester (actually pleasantly surprised by the Bose, but refuse to listen to the Burmester until my time to order). So, I got the one I have with 98% of what I wanted.

Now one thing I don't have that I wanted was PCCBs. I love to drive my car fast, but don't track at all. I love the look, the lack of brake dust, the stopping power, and the likelihood that I would never need to replace them. I am thinking seriously about ordering the PCCBs from Suncoast and placing them on my CTT.

Now I know I will never recoup the cost of these add ons, and that is not why I am considering it. I do think, it will make the car somewhat more desirable at time of resale, but no way I could ever recoup the invest entirely. Money isn't really a concern, but would like some opinions of what others here think. I will be keeping this car 3.5-4.5 years total.

Appreciate the advice and thanks for reading my long post...

Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 PM
jorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud of
Don't know about the Cayenne but the PCCB on my Turbo S stops like I hit a wall so they clearly will help with stopping but when I look at the depreciation of the Cayenne turbos, I don't know if having the PCCB will help. If I were looking to buy a used CTT, I really wouldn't pay that much extra for the PCCBs even though I know that they help stop faster and it is nice having no brake dust. I would pay extra for a premium sound system, better NAV or better ICE for the rear seats.