Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Service Records

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:39 PM
tad1214 is on a distinguished road
Service Records

Hi All,

I am looking at buying a 06 Cayenne very soon (today) and I want to run the VIN vs the service records. Is there anyone who could help me out with this?

Thanks!
-=Tom

Old 04-13-2011, 01:09 PM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
Take a fruit basket to your local Porsche dealdership and hope you get a really nice service advisor to help. Tell them you'll only bring it to them for service if you get it

They may or may not provide you with detailed records but at a minimum I'd expect they could provide you with a list of items covered under warranty (or at least show you on their screen if they can't print it off?). My shop did that for me and it was nice to find some of the more "common" items had been replaced. I slept better that night.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
The only way you can find service records based on VIN number is if all maintenance was performed at a dealer, and you ask that specific dealer for the information. The dealer isn't obligated to provide you with this information. Some will, some won't. There's no national database that a dealer can access that shows them service history. All it will show is TSB work, and only if it was done at a dealer.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:23 PM
PutterMcGavin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dennis C
The only way you can find service records based on VIN number is if all maintenance was performed at a dealer, and you ask that specific dealer for the information. The dealer isn't obligated to provide you with this information. Some will, some won't. There's no national database that a dealer can access that shows them service history. All it will show is TSB work, and only if it was done at a dealer.
Maintenance records, no but warranty repair items are centrally kept and can be pulled regardless of where work was performed. Being an '06 the vehicle in question probably isn't too far out from warranty and thus those records should be up to date within the past year or so. I doubt ANY person with a warranty would go get items fixed somewhere that doesn't honor a warranty.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...12.30.2010.pdf

That is a link to a print out my dealership gave me when I ask about the history of my CTT. No I didn't see when each oil change, tire rotation, etc was done but seeing all the other stuff was more important (coolant pipes, PCM unit, suspension items, etc.)

Old 04-13-2011, 08:18 PM
simpleman325i is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dennis C

I have an 04 CTT and i asked the dealer about many of the common issues that my GEN1 would have and he printed out every thing that has been fixed on mine. I live in NE, and the car came from FL. it showed all service bulletins and other work performed like the compresor rebuild. So I can't say for sure what they can see, but I find it hard to believe that for as high tech as these cars are
they cant have a data base that shows what another dealer has done?