Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne 2012 (New Options)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 04:10 AM
cttPorsche is on a distinguished road
Cayenne 2012 (New Options)

Hello guys, I’m a new member and this is my first post/topic

Anyway i want it to talk to you about the new option ” SportDesign package without side skirts”
When I went to order my ctt the dealer told me that there will be new options available for the 2012 models. I just want to ask you if anyone has any idea about the new options because if you go to the Porsche website>>Middle East>>Dubai>>”build your Porsche you“ you will find new options that are not available almost anywhere and I guess these are the new options for 2012 models. Here are some pictures I got from the website:
Ctt without SportDesign package

With it

Rear view without it

With it

12,140.00 AED = 3,305.28 USD

Another new option “Tail lights with tinted glass look”

Without it

With it

there are more new options, go to the website and check it out

What do you Think?

Old 04-19-2011, 04:17 AM
dubai_m5 is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw the 12,000 AED option for the cayenne and i think its alot !! people here in UAE already did that ,, its all about just painting the whole car ,, i kinda like the rear black out tail light i think i am going for them + there's the wheel spacers option maybe you missed ,, its on the first page 17 mm i will install them as well and i am thinking of painting my whole car ,, same as the sport design package ,, there is also new option sports tail pipes ,, not same as the turbo and the sport exhaust ,, but different 4 tailpipes looks kind of the panamera's 1 also new option the bi xenon headlight and .. what the power kit for the turbo its a new option thats cost 47K AED !! but no details

Old 04-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by dubai_m5
i saw the 12,000 AED option for the cayenne and i think its alot !! people here in UAE already did that ,, its all about just painting the whole car ,, i kinda like the rear black out tail light i think i am going for them + there's the wheel spacers option maybe you missed ,, its on the first page 17 mm i will install them as well and i am thinking of painting my whole car ,, same as the sport design package ,, there is also new option sports tail pipes ,, not same as the turbo and the sport exhaust ,, but different 4 tailpipes looks kind of the panamera's 1 also new option the bi xenon headlight and .. what the power kit for the turbo its a new option thats cost 47K AED !! but no details
I'm sure that the SportDesign Package is not about painting the whole car cuz it include:
1. larger wheel arches
2. roof spolier (double)
3. new lower fender, front and rear
thats what the 12,000 is from

thanks man for the info

Last edited by cttPorsche; 04-19-2011 at 04:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:02 AM
DB-CS is on a distinguished road
love the tinted tail lights and its good that it came from porsche not self made. hope they won't cost alot cuz i want them for my car inshallah
btw i'm from jeddah and our site still doesn't have the 2012 specs i ordered a base cayenne for my uncle last week and the only thing they told me is that the price will increase from 3-4 %

thanks CttPorsche for the updates

Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 AM
funkybuda is on a distinguished road
Thanks for finding info on this. I guess there are plenty of others that are just as annoyed if not more, about Porsche not offering an option to paint ugly plastic lower valence.

But even with that SportsDesign Package, the side trims underneath the doors are still black?!! Or am I missing some other options where Porsche's gonna charge me $2K to paint left side and another $2k to paint the right?:P

Old 04-19-2011, 09:10 AM
ddigangi is on a distinguished road
this back end light looks 10x's better then the one above

cayenne is still one of my favorite Porsche and SUV's to date

Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 AM
i just love cayenne and i think when it comes to SUV Porsche plays in different league.

the thing is that i ordered my ctt 2012, black(july production) and i still can add/remove any option i want but i can't have the new options according to the dealer and i have to wait for a week or more. I hope I'll get a chance to add em in time before its too late. In my opinion (for my black ctt) the sportdesign package and the tail lights are must to have.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
DB-CS is on a distinguished road
there are more exclusive options for 2012 models especially in leather for example you can chose deviated stitching porsche logo on the center armrest, there also more carbon options like door sill guards in carbon. porsche should make this available as add on options for 2011 models.
good luck on your orders everyone

Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
In the Latin America website you do get the side skirts. Even new color and new wheel style, black out headlights, etc.
The only thing that really pisses me off is the quad exhaust pipes option , I hope this is avaliable as accessory in the near future.

Last edited by galion; 04-19-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:13 AM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Same options are now available on the Canadian Website

Old 04-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by galion
In the Latin America website you do get the side skirts. Even new color and new wheel style, black out headlights, etc.
The only thing that really pisses me off is the quad exhaust pipes option , I hope this is avaliable as accessory in the near future.
which country from the latin america website?

and thx man for the info

Old 04-19-2011, 12:27 PM
funkybuda is on a distinguished road
Guys...Porsche Canada just updated their sites and there are NEW options available, among them are :

SportDesign with Side Skirt : $6460
SportDesign without Side Skirt: $5220

The first one is basically just paint all the black trims we see now in the body color, including twin spoiler edge. The second one is to exclude the two side strips underneath the door....wow...I guess Porsche heard us whine, and basically said: here you go, suckers!!

Last edited by funkybuda; 04-19-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Just like my old GTS, yummy.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:32 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Great news about these options
Hope there are not NEW delivery delays to go with the NEW options commensurate with the price increases...

Last edited by pepper09tt; 04-20-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:15 AM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Press release on 2012 changes:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutpors...&id=2011-04-19

Cayenne Diesel with new engine: even more economical

New model year: improvements for Cayenne and Panamera

Stuttgart. Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, is launching the Cayenne and Panamera model lines into the new model year with detailed improvements, additions and new options. First up is the Cayenne Diesel, with its second generation engine for even more efficiency. The three litre V6 retains the same bore and displacement but now delivers 245 hp (180 kW), 5 hp (3.7 kW) more than before, while consuming only 7.2 litres of diesel per 100 km (39 mpg imp.). At the same time, CO2 emissions have dropped six grams to 189 g/km. That puts the Cayenne Diesel back in pole position as the most economical Cayenne with the lowest carbon emissions. Naturally, the greater power has a knock-on effect on performance as well. For example, the acceleration time from
0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) has been cut to 7.6 seconds (minus 0.2 seconds) with top speed up two to 220 km/h (137 mph).

The improvements have been achieved through a package of measures, from the use of new materials to reduce weight, lower frictional resistance to a revamp of the injection system, along with a new turbocharger and enhanced thermal management. In detail, the crankshaft for example has been redesigned; fewer counterweights and hollow bores make it lighter and thus more free-revving than before. Direct injection pressure increased by 200 to a maximum of 2000 bar, with a direct impact on the quality of mixture formation. The variable geometry turbocharger is also a new design with optimised bearings and a new compressor wheel, which translates into improved response and greater efficiency. The package of measures also sliced 20 kilograms off the weight of the V6 engine, cutting the unladen weight of the Cayenne Diesel to 2080 kilograms.

Improvements to the Cayenne S Hybrid as well: It offers even more specific driving experiences thanks to modifications to the hybrid manager. If the conditions are right, it is now possible even from a cold start to drive and manoeuvre at low speed on electric power alone. Previously, driving and manoeuvring on electric power after starting the engine was only possible once the operating temperature had been reached.

The new model year also heralds the availability of new Porsche Exclusive options for the Cayenne models. As with the Panamera Turbo, a power kit is now on offer for the Cayenne Turbo as well, boosting the maximum power by 40 (29 kW) to
540 hp (397 kW). Maximum torque increases to 750 Nm. Performance also improves to 4.6 seconds (minus 0.1 s) for the sprint from 0 to 100 km (62 mph) and to a top speed of 281 km/h (176 mph). Fuel consumption and emissions remain unchanged: Even with the optional power kit, the Cayenne gets by on 11.5 litres per 100 kilometres (24.6 mpg imp.) in the NEDC, or 270 g/km CO2.

The increased power is partly achieved by two new turbochargers with titanium- aluminium turbine wheels and adjustments to the engine electronics, resulting in yet further perceptible improvements in the engine’s response. The greater power is not without consequences for the braking system. The cooling of the brakes has been further improved and the optional Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) provides deceleration courtesy of larger front brake discs, now with 420 millimetre diameter. An optional 20 inch collapsible spare wheel is available for vehicles equipped with this system.

In addition to the Bi-Xenon main headlights in black including
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) and quad sports tailpipe look, other Porsche Exclusive options for the Cayenne’s exterior for the first time feature tinted LED rear lights.

For the Cayenne’s interior, Porsche Exclusive is also offering numerous new options for visual customisation for the coming model year, for example new decorative stitching and leather packages as well as the precious wood, Yachting Mahogany.

The offering is rounded off by the milled aluminium Tiptronic-S gear selector and new stainless steel and carbon door entry guards.

The range of options for the Panamera model line has also been enhanced. The Lane Change Assist system adapted from the Cayenne will be available from autumn 2011. It monitors the area behind and to the side of the vehicle as well as the blind spot and informs the driver via a signal in the exterior mirror if the system has located another vehicle in the adjacent lane. The Lane Change Assist system can be activated by a switch on the driver’s door and operates between 30 and
250 km/h (19 and 156 mph).

New Porsche Exclusive options for the Panamera exterior are Bi-Xenon main headlights in black including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) as well as a redesigned sports tailpipe. An additional novelty is the “wireless Internet access” option. From June 2011 onwards this will allow you to go online in the Panamera.

GO

Note: Images of the Panamera and Cayenne can be obtained by accredited journalists from the Porsche press database at the following address https://presse.porsche.de/ .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne 2012 (New Options)