Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Center Console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 AM
ginatom is on a distinguished road
Question Center Console

Hi.....Does anyone have pics &/or instructions for getting into the center console? I'm trying to replace my gear shifter & surround plate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Indy shop wants $250.00.....It can't be that difficult!!!! Thanks!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:46 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Easy job.

1. Open both center consoles.
2. Remove 2 hex screws at the back of the center consoles "deck"
3. Remove the black plastic bar where the 2 screws came from.
4. Lifting from the rear of the deck, lift up until the rear of the deck is about 6 inches off it's position and the pull the deck up and back. You will also have 2 disconnect an electrical connecter for the 4wd switch.

Everything will be obvious once you remove the screws.

Also, that deck has at least 4 clips that run around the edges. Don't be afraid to tug up to free them.

For further clarity - the "deck" is the plastic or wood piece that runs from under the ashtray back to the center console.

Entire removal takes 1 min at best.

Also if u have to take the shifter off, put the truck in neutral, squeeze the trigger, pull up on the shift **** (hard). It just comes off. Putting it back on requires you to hold up the little mechanism inside the shifter while reinstalling. From porsche it's a little red plastic tool with a loop on the end.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 AM
ginatom is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Easy job.

1. Open both center consoles.
2. Remove 2 hex screws at the back of the center consoles "deck"
3. Remove the black plastic bar where the 2 screws came from.
4. Lifting from the rear of the deck, lift up until the rear of the deck is about 6 inches off it's position and the pull the deck up and back. You will also have 2 disconnect an electrical connecter for the 4wd switch.

Everything will be obvious once you remove the screws.

Also, that deck has at least 4 clips that run around the edges. Don't be afraid to tug up to free them.

For further clarity - the "deck" is the plastic or wood piece that runs from under the ashtray back to the center console.

Entire removal takes 1 min at best.

Also if u have to take the shifter off, put the truck in neutral, squeeze the trigger, pull up on the shift **** (hard). It just comes off. Putting it back on requires you to hold up the little mechanism inside the shifter while reinstalling. From porsche it's a little red plastic tool with a loop on the end.

Thanks RoxBoxx .....I really appreciate the help. I will give this a try this weekend & will let you know what happens.