Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Wife sends back 18hr pepper, 18way NO Way 2012 ordered

Old 04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
Wife sends back 18hr pepper, 18way NO Way 2012 ordered

This is horribly embarrassing to write, especially after all the whining I managed to do during and after my build.

Picked up wife/family CS Friday afternoon and spent 5 hours getting home including some off road playing in the Ocala national forest. Saturday morning wife cannot climb over the sport seat bolsters, seats not comfy for her (to be honest me neither) and she is getting way too much windshield glare from the beige dash. Lots and lots of tears. By early afternoon we're traded for a 2012 July build.

First impressions: PDCC is astonishing; coupled with the excellent steering it feels like a big track car. PTV feels awkward; at the point that the back end might break loose in another car, PTV cuts in and whips you around the corner. Disconcerting at first but maybe a good thing. Have to admit I forgot to do any of this with PASM off. Has anyone nudged the pepper into a four wheel drift? PASMon or off? Results?

So on to the 2012 CS order:

White (she stood firm), Espresso (no glare dash) and Cognac (cool seats) w/compass. Natural Olive pac; she nixed the grab bars. Pano roof.
20" Spyders with summer rubber
Premium pac plus and PDCC/PTV

Lesson learned. Drive or fly to see the car and features you order, we did not. Given a great price on the original and a motivated dealer (not where we purchased) to get CS inventory right now, we are still under sticker (barely).

I think we will both be happy. A sound marriage really helps getting through the crazy stuff. Have to say though that my life long obsessive compulsive disorder has not been helped by all the pics and posts form wOOt, and imcarnuts and Jace and pepperOT and Jason and and and

Old 04-25-2011, 03:00 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I remember buying a new S500 Mercedes in the mid 1990s. My wife didn't like the interior color and it had a strange odor to it. (It really did) I traded it after about 2 weeks. It's the PAAP theory of marriage. Peace At Any Price.

My wife's CTT has the 14 way seats and that is what I ordered in mine. She didn't like climbing over the bolsters and I found her seats very comfortable so figured why not order them for myself.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
there are people out there that can't even afford a $1000 car, I would get so mad at my wife if she wanted to return a custom built Porsche just because she didn't like the way seats are. My $0.02

Old 04-26-2011, 10:34 AM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
You certainly have a good point canberk, but in this case I am the one to blame.

She is 67 with early arthritis and, lately, a weight issue. She "falls" into the recarro racing seats in the evo and climbs out without too much fussing. Still, every sport wagon I found was too low for her, hence the pepper.

Like many here, I fell in love with the sports seats from the pictures but did not realize she would be climbing "over" the bolsters. Or how narrow they really are given the vehicles 76" width.

As Dirks Bentley put it: "I knew what I was feeling, but what was I thinking"

The ordeal brought us closer together..... and I got a redo on the build!

PS: just the fact that she is willing to wander off road, dirt or snow, for hours at a time in an evo or suv makes her a keeper in my book.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM
TenaciousT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by canberk
there are people out there that can't even afford a $1000 car, I would get so mad at my wife if she wanted to return a custom built Porsche just because she didn't like the way seats are. My $0.02
Was thinking the same thing when I read the "lots of tears". I would tell her to F herself.....just sayin

Old 04-26-2011, 01:35 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ronl
You certainly have a good point canberk,
You don't have to make excuses for loving your wife and doing whatever makes her happy and comfortable. I would do the same thing you did in a heartbeat. Rep to you for being a great husband.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
You don't have to make excuses for loving your wife and doing whatever makes her happy and comfortable. I would do the same thing you did in a heartbeat. Rep to you for being a great husband.
+1. Health and enjoyment with spouse and family is most important. Some things in life do not have a do over, this was an easy one.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
If momma ain't happy, nobody is happy. Some of you are obviously not married!!!

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 04-26-2011, 03:28 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Happy wife, happy life. When I ordered my wife's, went through the options list time and time again. At the end I just drew a line in the sand on price and sat in her shoes instead of mine. I can't tell you the number of times I included and then removed (PSE, PTV, PDCC, Door Sills, Burmi) but I went with white and 21s for me.. hehehe.. I will be washing and waxing it.

Chat soon and all the best - I think you did the perfect thing. Cars and money can be replaced happy marriages harder to come by

Old 04-26-2011, 03:34 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack

+1 hehehe..

Old 04-26-2011, 03:36 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Kudos to you Ron. I totally echo other's thoughts. Family comes first. I time and again have told everyone on this forum that 18-way seats are not for everyone. So please try it before ordering it. Polarized glasses is the only way to negate the light colored dash reflection on the windshield.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 04-26-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:41 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
i still strongly disagree with you guys for one reason. if my wife is not happy and crying so hard just because the Porsche that I've bought for her has a different interior than her expectations, i believe there is a problem. I have no problem making my fiance happy and i know that i would break up with her if she said such a thing to me. yes, married people should make each other happy, but i find this story a little bit more sided, like it's the woman's world and the guy is only there to satisfy her.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:49 PM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by canberk
i still strongly disagree with you guys for one reason. if my wife is not happy and crying so hard just because the Porsche that I've bought for her has a different interior than her expectations, i believe there is a problem. I have no problem making my fiance happy and i know that i would break up with her if she said such a thing to me. yes, married people should make each other happy, but i find this story a little bit more sided, like it's the woman's world and the guy is only there to satisfy her.
You are correct; I think you are finally getting it. It is the woman's world and the guy is only there to satisfy her.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:54 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack

Totally accurate. The only two options my wife asked for were Entry and Drive and Guards Red Seatbelts. Personally, I think both are frivolous and I would have rather have saved the money or spent it elsewhere (full leather, PASM, PTV, etc.) . . . but she will be the primary driver so the car has what she wants.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by WFBlue
You are correct; I think you are finally getting it. It is the woman's world and the guy is only there to satisfy her.
And when he does.... well

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wife sends back 18hr pepper, 18way NO Way 2012 ordered