Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Went to CTT today and.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Went to CTT today and.......

No memory of nav or preset audio xm stations and no burmester preset bass and treble.....

Everything was wiped......

Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Was everything saved to your seat memory buttons? Seems odd, sounds like there was a loss of power to the car (battery?) and everything went to the default settings. Was the car not driven for an extended period of time?

Old 04-25-2011, 04:16 PM
mondohoss is on a distinguished road
I had the same issue yesterday.. 500 miles on the CTT
I was going to post
Second time it has happened

Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 PM
11CayenneS will become famous soon enough
Did you switch the key you normally use? Driver memory is tied to the key

Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jace
No memory of nav or preset audio xm stations and no burmester preset bass and treble.....

Everything was wiped......
i know the feeling. Same thing happened to me the day after i picked up my BMW. Had to reprogram everything.

let us know what you find out. Hope this doesn't happen with mine.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
Call dealer for updates...there have been many issues with electronics on the cayennes.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:55 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Sucks.. hopefully they fixed in 2012s..

Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 PM
ozr
ozr is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

...Everything was wiped......
...check car battery charge FIRST, recharge to full. Often new cars come with low battery charge, as a result of stationary life at/near the factory... use this:

http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-SC-.../dp/B000H92KPW

It displays current battery charge and charges battery fast and well, much better, than any PORSCHE/BMW oem charges.

Only if above is OK, proceed locating/replacing hardware/updating software at faulty Control Unit (probable, Comfort Settings Control Unit or some Audio System Control Unit and etc...)

PS. ...you do not need to save settings INTO seats memory. Settings for the specific car units should stay. If they don't, then car RESETS after some fault/error to defaults. "Car reboots" after fault, trying to recover itself...

OZRacing

Last edited by ozr; 04-26-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:28 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ozr
PS. ...you do not need to save settings INTO seats memory. Settings for the specific car units should stay. If they don't, then car RESETS after some fault/error to defaults. "Car reboots" after fault, trying to recover itself...

OZRacing
Most, if not all, of the 2011 settings are saved to the key and/or seat memory buttons. However, it may not be the issue in Jace's case.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Only ever use same key- other is in the safe.

Not all was wiped, my vehicle screen in the color screen was saved, just nothing with audio, stations or speaker settings. Odd.
Happened overnight drive this daily. Checked battery charge seems fine. Car seat stayed in memory just audio speakers and stations wiped.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:51 AM
ylwbeast is on a distinguished road
Jace, just a thougtht...in your CTT, do you use your bluetooth with an iPhone 4G? I recall when I took delivery of mine, the salesperson made a statement that the current version of the PCM was not 'certified' for use with this specific smart-phone (4G...okay with 3GS and previous) and could result in issues with the PCM...not sure if this applies to you. He described NAV screen fading and potentially losing info and would require reprogramming the PCM. Salesperson said that this would be hit or miss with each vehicle.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Goo to know. I am working with the 3GS though....

Old 04-27-2011, 10:34 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Everytime you make any change you have to hit the memory button or it will be lost. And sometimes when I get in and out of the car the last settings (seat and audio) are recalled and sometimes the settings are not recalled, so I have to push my memory button. A little annoying but not a big deal, just a learning curve with something so techno.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:40 AM
ozr
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Everytime you make any change you have to hit the memory button or it will be lost. And sometimes when I get in and out of the car the last settings (seat and audio) are recalled and sometimes the settings are not recalled, so I have to push my memory button. A little annoying but not a big deal, just a learning curve with something so techno.

...you car has a problem.

Your Comfort Settings Control Unit or Car front seats memory Control Unit and PCM (or any related Audio System Control Units) RESETS=generate an error. Check your car battery charge. If full, then go to dealer to localize faulty hardware Control Unit. Tell the KNOWLEDGEABLE dealer to READ OUT/recheck involved, listed above ControlUnits LOGS. Errors ARE stored there. Depending on severity, unit software reinitialization may clear the problem. If not, unit software upgrade or hardware replacement will need to be performed...

Last edited by ozr; 04-28-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:06 AM
ozr
Lightbulb

Only ever use same key- other is in the safe.

Not all was wiped, my vehicle screen in the color screen was saved, just nothing with audio, stations or speaker settings. Odd.
Happened overnight drive this daily. Checked battery charge seems fine. Car seat stayed in memory just audio speakers and stations wiped.
...overnight car goes into "sleep" mode, prolong down mode vs NON "sleep" mode during a day operation and frequent parking/starting state...

...your car seats memory Control Unit is OK. The RESET error is generated by an Audio Systems and related Control Units (PCM, Comfort Settings Control Unit and/or related blocks...)

If car battery is full, then go to dealer to localize faulty hardware Control Unit (suspects are listed above). Depending on severity, unit software reinitialization may clear the problem. If not, unit software upgrade or even hardware replacement will need to be performed...

Knowledgeable dealer needs to read out/verify above and related CUs log files for generated errors.

But before going to the dealer there is something you can do yourself to FORCE above units software reinitialization. Here is a trick procedure. Change the default car selected LANGUAGE from English to German, drive a little, then change it back to English and again drive a little:

- car stationary, select German as car default language at the PCM screen,
- drive a car for 10-15 mi or 30 min.,
- then stop, cycle the car shut down, exit, lock the car,
- in 3-5 min. open the car and with car stationary change default car language back to English at the corresponding PCM screen,
- drive the car for another 10-15 mi or 30 min.,
- verify results.

This will FORCE software reinitialization on above faulty CUs. If this does NOT correct your faulty car reset behaviour, then you have to go to knowledgeable dealer for further investigation, log files readout, buggy CUs hardware replacement or just software update.

Good luck.
OZRacing

PS. ...to many guys, who redundantly still prefer every change to be stored/memorized into car seats memory in addition to default store "into car keys"...

once a specific function is INITIALIZED/set ONCE, for example:
audio volume set,
audio balance set,
audio hi and lo music frequencies set,
side mirror positions set,
PCM other preferences set
and etc...

...these settings are by default stored/memorized on exit of the car "into car keys" (actually into car memory itself with the specific car key identifier... ). As an exception of a rule, one can overwrite that default car behavior by "pressing an OFF button" on a car seats memory block of buttons before exiting and locking a car to deactivate default automatic selected settings store "into a car key" (see p.38 in your Cayenne 2011 car manual...)

...if described above car behavior is NOT happening for your car and you are deliberately double storing settings into car seats memory and then retrieving them, then related Control Units get RESET=generate an error (suspects: Comfort Settings CU, PCM and other Audio CUs, car seats memory CU and related blocks...). These errors NEED to be localized, found, identified by the knowledgable dealer by checking all related CUs generated logs, where these errors usually get stored.

Car seats memory storage by design is intended for easy switch of a car operator=driver and it's preferences profile, using EVEN the same car key- you and your wife, for example, (just two buttons)...

Last edited by ozr; 04-28-2011 at 09:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Went to CTT today and.......