Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

iPod integration & warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
xsrfs is on a distinguished road
iPod integration & warranty

Anyone know anything about a Dension Gateway 500 iPod integration voiding an extended warranty? I have an 04CS i just picked up with an extended warranty from a private company. It covers essentially the whole car. I don't want to have install it in a manner that jeopardizes the warranty

Old 04-28-2011, 12:19 PM
jwat is on a distinguished road
I doubt it would change your warrenty as you are not really cutting or changing anthing. The deenison unit is basically added to the loop. That said I had the denison unit with the bluetooth as well and it is pretty poor versus what is out there. I pulled mine out and replaced the head unit eventually to et real ipod integration and bluetooth. I also got a NAV system that was usable.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:52 PM
What unit did you use and which vehicle/PCM? I searched and searched all I could find that works is the mobridge and dension. (I did see a couple of FM modulators but that kind of defeats the purpose of a bose stereo)

Old 04-28-2011, 02:06 PM
jwat is on a distinguished road
I ended up using a pioneer avic-z120bt something or other. Also replaced the bose amp as well. I did this in a 997 with bose/pcm (most etc) but I am sure that there are detailed instructions out on the web for the cayenne as well somewhere. I am soon to be new to a Cayenne so I don't have much time in one yet.

When i removed the old PCM, bose amp, DVD nav, 6 6disc, denison all I was left with was the sub with small amp in it and the bose speakers. Speakers are not most (fiber optic) but copper wire. Sound was better Nav was better than even what they are shipping with 2011 cars and ipod integration was great. I could play movies with full 5.1 surround off the ipod if i chose to on my nav screen. I can send you pics of the install and you can judge how clean it looked.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I don't plan on changing out the PCM. I'm an OEM+ kind of guy....plus its under warranty and is loud/clear enough for me. But thanks for the information.