Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My new Dunlops

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 01:41 PM
PaulW is on a distinguished road
My new Dunlops

Hi Folks,

I haven't posted in a while (about 6 years I think) as I had sold my 03 CS but I now have a C GTS with a stick and am lovin it. I just replaced my original Pirelli Pzero Rosso tires at 29k with a set of Dunlop Sport Maxx tires (295 35 21 stock size) all around. I've put about 500 miles on them so they're broken in and they are a big improvement over the Pirellis. They are quieter and a little "smoother". I haven't pushed the limits yet but I'm confident I'll be pleased. I drove them on the highway in a pretty heavy rain and they grip very well in the wet. I know some tires tend to get noisier as they wear so it may not be fair to compare the worn out Pirellis to the new Dunlops but for the price I'm very impressed with them (they were about $375 from the TireRack) and give them a thumbs up to any GTS owner who needs new 21 inch summer rubber. I had them mounted, high speed balanced and inflated with nitrogen (which I highly recommend). Just thought I would share that info as my way to say hello after so many years and to give a little back as I've gotten may great tips from this forum!