Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Yellow fogs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 PM
dafink44 will become famous soon enough
Yellow fogs

Anyone able to get a bright yellow fog light on an 05 CTT?

Old 05-05-2011, 08:06 PM
carreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the rough
yellow fog bulbs

Try these : http://www.europeanautosport.com/yellow.htm

I have the HID look ones they make. Very high quality and truely the same color as my Xenons. I almost went with the yellow.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Wow, you can almost buy a HID kit from ddmtuning.com in that price range.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:18 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
I have yellow 3000K HID kit on my 04CS and love them. I buy from this guy on eBay. They offer a 2 year warranty and honors it well. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120560831477&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

And a pic of mine:

Old 05-06-2011, 07:20 AM
dafink44 will become famous soon enough
Warranty

Should I assume that you needed to warranty the unit since you can vouch for them honoring it? No issues with warning lights or the like?

Thanks

Old 05-06-2011, 07:41 AM
FastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud ofFastHackem has much to be proud of
I have actaully bought about 40+ of these units from this guy. I sell them to friends and people I work with for a little profit. So yes I have actually had to claim about 5 warranty requests. Mainly burnt bulbs. The good thing is that you dont have to send back the burnt ones, just take a picture, send them an email with the picture, and they send out a new one. My eBay id is squeezeperformance if you want to look for my feedback I've given the guy.
As far as warning messages, I do get one but its only when I turn the fog lights off. Not that big of a deal since the next time you start the car, the message is gone.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:04 AM
ferraristyle has a spectacular aura aboutferraristyle has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by carreracup03
Try these : http://www.europeanautosport.com/yellow.htm

I have the HID look ones they make. Very high quality and truely the same color as my Xenons. I almost went with the yellow.

+1 for europeanautosports. No affiliation. I have the thier HID fogs as well and they match the xenons perfect. Plus shipping to me was really fast, like two days. I would stay away from ebay brands but that's just my .02.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by ferraristyle
I would stay away from ebay brands but that's just my .02.

eBay doesn't have their own brand. Also there are plenty of reputable product lines listed on eBay and even Porsche OEM parts. A statement like that obviously isn't very well thought out. Its just like buying a product anywhere. You need to research reliability and costs before making your purchase. A halogen colored bulb in your fog housing is going to produce less light output than the original clear bulb. An HID system down there makes a hell of a difference IMO. If you were to buy the Polarion HID system, I would simply laugh cause I can buy about 14 kits off of eBay for $500 dollars and probably hardly notice the difference between the two. Just my .02