Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Aftermarket Wheel Recommendations - not too pricey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 12:09 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Aftermarket Wheel Recommendations - not too pricey

I recently ordered a 2012 base Cayenne for delivery in July. I ordered base wheels with the intent of upgrading to an aftermarket set up. I am finding very little available in the 19 - 20" range. Everything available seems to be either: (1) a replica wheel of questionable origin/quality; (2) 22" in diameter (not going to work here in the Northeast and too blingy for my wife); or (3) outrageously expensive. I have been checking ebay for OEM takeoffs but, to be honest, I don't love any of the Porsche OEM 19 or 20" Cayenne wheels. Any suggestions?

Old 05-06-2011, 12:43 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
I agree, I'm not wowed by any of the OEM rims except for the Turbo II wheels. and I definitely don't want to go to a 21" wheel. you might want to look into touareg and q7 wheel options, as they should fit the cayenne no problem.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:19 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by caveatesq
I recently ordered a 2012 base Cayenne for delivery in July. I ordered base wheels with the intent of upgrading to an aftermarket set up. I am finding very little available in the 19 - 20" range. Everything available seems to be either: (1) a replica wheel of questionable origin/quality; (2) 22" in diameter (not going to work here in the Northeast and too blingy for my wife); or (3) outrageously expensive. I have been checking ebay for OEM takeoffs but, to be honest, I don't love any of the Porsche OEM 19 or 20" Cayenne wheels. Any suggestions?
Check these out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220765753526&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Only $750 for 4 - Free shipping - Looks Awesome!

Last edited by roxboxxx; 05-06-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:18 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Thanks - But these are the kind of questionable origin/questionable quality wheels that I am afraid of. The Cayenne will be my wife's primary car to use with my kids. I do not want to equip it with wheels that may not have not been properly manufactured/tested/certified and could by unsafe. In addition, if I ever needed to replace one of these where would I go to?

Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
My experience with ebay wheels had been pretty good.
I have 20" audi knock offs on my C. They were stamped "made in Italy". Bought them on ebay for $1000 and used the stock lug nuts. Have driven them over 10K miles, above 130 mph and have hit MAJOR NJ / NYC potholes with zero bends or cracks. 1 year later the same wheels are still sold on ebay only now they are cheaper.

Just sharing my experience, but then again i take a lot of risks in my life.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 AM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
So if these type of wheels are questionable (and I agree) make sure you are not buying any type of replica knock off. I have replica 22's on my GTS and I am ok with it but I can understand the concern with the wife & kids. Your going to have to spend $$$ any way you look at it if you want the real deal manufactured/tested/certified name brand wheels. All wheels can bend and crack but of course some are made better than others.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:33 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
If you see anything we have or have questions please feel free to call me.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp