Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Coolant plastic pipes upgrade problem HELP!

Old 05-08-2011, 09:52 PM
fedegimenez is on a distinguished road
Angry Coolant plastic pipes upgrade problem HELP!

I have been working on my cayenne turbo 04 upgrading the coolant pipes, it seems impossible to change the T pipe behind the head, how important is it? my car has 54,000, but now that I was putting everything back together i saw a what it looks to be 2 hoses connected with a plastic piece on that is broken, its on top of the back part of the upgraded aluminum pipes, here are the pictures, i don't know if its vacuum or coolant, I need some help on this one, thanks
I'm attaching some pictures

Attached Images   
Old 05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
The Turbo has two of those 'T' connectors; both require replacing if you're working on the Coolant pipes. Most folks get them from below; taking about 5 - 8 hours depending up hand size. Its a b-i-t-c-h. I understand the dealer pulls the tranny & exhaust. Search around here... there's postings just a few days ago about them.

The 'S' has only 1 of them, but not sure if its a b-i-t-ch or not. I'm assuming 1 of yours, is like mine... cooling. The other on yours is for the Turbos.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Loutorious is on a distinguished road
The broken part is a vent line - bleeding - crankcase - part # 948 107 215 52

You can do a part search on "autoatlanta" to see the actual part. It is a long hard black tube connected to a more flexible tube shaped like an old English L, start from the T, braced to left side on top of injectors with the more flexible part across to the right side. When you get the new part a new clear T will come with it. You will find that it is not possible to connect the new part to the old tubes, not enough space (with the broken orange colored T inside). What I did was cut about 1/2 - 3/4 inch on the old tube on both side, make sure you take all the broken orange T out, put some lube and wiggle the new T in. I used small stainless clamp on both ends. I got the part from suncoast, cheaper than dealer and both my local dealers didn’t even have it in stock. You may want to make sure all your vent lines, vacuum lines are good before ordering the part. A few of my vent lines cracks because they were so brittle.

I did the job a few months ago with help and still don’t have time to do a good write up with pictures. Hopefully I can soon.

Good Luck

Old 05-09-2011, 10:35 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I urge you to consult the excellence articles. There is another cooling system component in the back of the engine that also can lose its seal and it is even worse in terms of repairing it.

I haven't done the coolant lines yet but expect that as soon as I am out of CPO coverage at then end of August to get it done; however, I will not be doing it myself. When I get it done, I might change the tranny fluid out completely.

Good luck. Let us know what you learn.