Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Took Delivery Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 08:21 PM
mdwac has a spectacular aura aboutmdwac has a spectacular aura about
Took Delivery Today

Took delivery tonight of CTT. Car is Jet Black with the Cognac/Expresso combo. I ordered most of the performance options (other than PDCC brakes).

I can post pics, but since I stole the color combo from others here, they wont be any different than what you have seen. Looks great.

Couple of quick observations.
-- This is my family car (other car is 997 TT.2). It is replacing an Audi S8. Drive home was great, but this is the first time I have sat this high.
-- Holy cow does this thing have a lot of buttons, controls, etc. On the one hand that is good, on the other I remember my first ever p-car (a 993)...we have come a long way. New Cayenne is lighter than version 1, maybe version 3 will follow and become "simpler"?
-- My pano roof screen is white? looks out of place. Not a problem though because I love the Pano roof option. Will always have screen stowed.
-- Steering feel was great.

thanks for all the advice I have absorbed!

Old 05-11-2011, 08:30 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations. We can never get bored of pics. So please do us a favor. Jet black with E/C interior is a lousy combo but I will pardon you this time ... pano roof is white ?? What do you mean. PDCC brakes ? Are you implying PCCB or PDCC ? Oh .. one more thing. WHen you are bored with that 997.2 TT please let me know

Old 05-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Yes W00T, I totally stole your combo. Although I had black and carmel colored Audi a while ago that was my favorite ever!

Sorry, I was sloppy with the acronyms. I dont have the ceramic brakes, do have all of the handling goodies.

Yes, when I tried to cover up the Pano roof, the inside liner color of the screen was white. Is yours different?

Old 05-11-2011, 08:42 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I am yet to see a white screen ... this is mine

Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2011, 08:57 PM
went to the garage. you are right, mine is same as yours.

but i dont understand the white leading strip, sits right above passenger and driver. why isnt this a darker non distracting color. Yup, I am particular!

Old 05-12-2011, 05:05 AM
whitehotcayenne is on a distinguished road
Congratulations! I'm still waiting for my hybrid which was ordered in Aug 2010.
I have a question about the panoramic roof: does it come with a retractable screen or a solid retractable board? I test drove the new Touareg recently just for the heck of it n didn't like the perforated retractable screen covering the roof cos it gets hot. I hope there's a more solid screen on days when you don't want to tan yourself in the car??