Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Any special taxes on the CS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Any special taxes on the CS?

I did a quick search and found nothing.

It's been a while since I purchased a vehicle that would be subject to any sort of special taxes and have never purchased an SUV/truck before.

I was hit with the gas guzzler tax on the M3 just wanted to know if there is anything or the sorts on the CS?

By the way the gas guzzler tax is ridiculous!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 PM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bruinxman
I did a quick search and found nothing.

It's been a while since I purchased a vehicle that would be subject to any sort of special taxes and have never purchased an SUV/truck before.

I was hit with the gas guzzler tax on the M3 just wanted to know if there is anything or the sorts on the CS?

By the way the gas guzzler tax is ridiculous!
The gas guzzler tax is applicable to cars and not to light trucks. SUVs get a non-deserved bye.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by hrd
The gas guzzler tax is applicable to cars and not to light trucks. SUVs get a non-deserved bye.
That makes no sense at all but ok not going to complain. So the Hummer which gets about 10-12 miles per gallon gets a free pass on the gas guzzler while other vehicles that get more mpg get tagged with it? Lame.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:11 AM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bruinxman
That makes no sense at all but ok not going to complain. So the Hummer which gets about 10-12 miles per gallon gets a free pass on the gas guzzler while other vehicles that get more mpg get tagged with it? Lame.
The law to add the tax was passed in 1978, at a time when light trucks were considered to be mainly for business and farm use. Applying the new tax to light trucks back then would have been considered anti-business on the part of Congress. It's been 33 years since, but we all know how difficult it can be to get legislation passed to catch up to the modern reality that most SUVs are not business or farm vehicles.

Last edited by hrd; 05-17-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by hrd
The law to add the tax was passed in 1978, at a time when light trucks were considered to be mainly for business and farm use. Applying the new tax to light trucks back then would have been considered anti-business on the part of Congress. It's been 33 years since, but we all know how difficult it can be to get legislation passed to catch up to the modern reality that most SUVs are not business or farm vehicles..
agreed there are many laws that need updating...just another example of our gov't at work. read an article today that the fed is on the brink of default!