Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GTS / Turbo front plate mountng ideas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:13 PM
stevepsd is on a distinguished road
GTS / Turbo front plate mountng ideas

My 2010 GTS did not come with the front plate mounting kit, which is butt-ugly anyway. So I am looking for ideas on mounting a front plate with is not butt-ugly and will still meet the intent of the law...thinking something along the lines of a angled mount below the grill opening. It appers that the plate would still be visible (sort of).

So what have other Turbo / GTS owners done?

Thanks!

-steve

Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I have done the no plate option, but there are options out there. I saw a plate that rotated up when driving due to wind pushing it up, then when you stop it lowers down. It stays under the grill area attached to the lower part of the front of the car.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Jace,

That idea sounds intriguing. It must have been on some sort of spring loaded mechanism?!?

Old 05-19-2011, 11:11 PM
theprezzz77 is on a distinguished road
www.altecproducts.com
I've mounted this on a few cars, the ones with the remote, and am actually contemplating on mounting it on the turbo front bumper. I think if I dremel the very bottom row center plastic piece out, I can tuck it away in there for when I don't want it out.
take a peek!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:22 AM
Precision is on a distinguished road
I think it's a sin to put a plate on the front of these trucks!!

Old 05-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Precisionmotors
I think it's a sin to put a plate on the front of these trucks!!
I agree!!

However the highway patrol are on a rampage...looking for any excuse to raise revenue for our broke(n) state

Old 05-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
There is no way im mounting a plate to the front of mine Then again I don't want another ticket so I'm ghetto with it tucked in the front windshield.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:56 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
UGGG why do we even have front plates in this day and age? Even toll booths read the rear plates. Just throw it on the mount, dirty it up and put it in the rear storage area. If you get pulled over say it was knocked off when your wife parked it and you have not had time to put it back on. No guarantees it will work but it keeps your GTS looking mean!!!!

Old 05-21-2011, 10:39 AM
skier is on a distinguished road
After two years, I HAD to put mine on. The meter maids in SF look for cars without front plates and give $100 tickets (even with the plate sitting in the window). My wife got pulled over in Golden Gate Park due to lack of front plate as well. Just too much hassle to keep it off. I'm seriously considering that motorized plate...ha

Old 05-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
That altec product looms very interesting...... Might do it....

I do it for parking in the city. Parking maids are out in full force. Can't be in window, has to be mounted....

Old 05-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Another idea I am contemplating is using some of the incredibly strong Neodymium magnets that are available from K&J Magnetics http://www.kjmagnetics.com/

They have magnets with mounting holes, mounting studs, etc that I could mount to the license plate. Some of these have pulling force in excess of 50 lbs, then I would have to find something for them to stick to on the front end......

Hummmm......

Old 05-21-2011, 04:13 PM
JDPst20 is on a distinguished road
I just don't understand why and what the big deal is with having front plates and not having them? I live in PA and don't have a front plate and some states do? I'm not sure of the "exact" reasoning I just think it's such a silly law when there are much worse things going on out in today's world.

Like if I had a car worth over 60k on it and I spent my hard earned $$ and pay taxes I should not have to put a stupid license plate on the front of the car and just ruin it.

There is a place specifically made on "ALL" cars on the rear of the car for plates.... no need for front plates when cars aren't made for them, and you need that stupid plastic piece. AHHHHHHHHH I don't even have a front plate and it aggravates me.!.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
@ only 125$, I am all over that altec piece. I will show pics and install when it is done.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
here is how i did mine.used a gen 1 front plate bracket & put it on upside down.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Thats exactly that look I was looking for, it's still visible (just) and not real fugly looking.

Is the plate bracket from a 1st gen Turbo or ....a S or... (did not turbos have a special bracket?!?!?).

Thanks!

-steve

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS / Turbo front plate mountng ideas