Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne S Interior Grab Handles - HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:37 AM
lbredefe is on a distinguished road
Cayenne S Interior Grab Handles - HELP!

so after having the coolant job done in indianapolis, i pick up the CS only to find the grab handles have green coolant stains on them, tech apparently got in and out of the car using the handles and didnt clean his hands....

I ordered the dye and it looked like a match wet but now dry it has a brown tint to it and looks terrible on stone grey interior... any ideas?

can i sand this down/off and start over? the dye seemed cheap and didnt really feel like it set INTO the leather rather on top. but im not sure.

most importantly...does ANYONE know how to remove those grab handles to work on them better, I dyed them right in the car! ouch i know... sorry. had no choice.

best,
Lance

Old 05-20-2011, 01:55 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
ALL the leather refinishing products are paints - just like the finish on the leather from the factory. No auto company I know of (except perhaps Rolls) uses vat-dyed leather. The finishes are a painted on finish.

Who provided the dye you used? Leatherique will color match if you send them a small sample of the leather - and the color match is usually perfect.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Qualeek has a spectacular aura aboutQualeek has a spectacular aura aboutQualeek has a spectacular aura about
To remove the grab handles, simply pull real hard from the bottom. This will remove the outer cover. the backside is much more work.
Also, was this a Dealer, cuz Porsche coolant is pink. Just some info