Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche......there really is no substitute!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Thumbs up Porsche......there really is no substitute!!

So this Saturday morning I was sitting at an intersetion with me, my girl, my two big dogs and a bunch of large Pelican Cases in the CTT.

The light turned green and before I could go a car came flying through the intersection on the red light. We thought "Wow! Good thing we hadn't moved yet".

In the mean time a line of cars had formed at the red light in the lane nearest to us.(blocking our view of the second lane over) A good 10 seconds have passed now. We pull into the intersection to turn left(on our green light). As I pass the first row of cars I see a car coming straight at my drivers door at about 50 mph!!!! Obviously this person also has no idea their light is red!!!

With no other options, I straighten the wheel out and pin it to the floor!! The CTT roared to life with all its furry and got us out of the way. She only missed us by maybe 3-4 INCHES!!!

This was also an intersection DEEP gutters on both sides. So the clearance of the CTT was very nice for a full throttle run across the intersection.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:05 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Glad you are safe. These cars really do give an extra feeling of safety from a lot of respects as you mentioned just a few benefits that other cars may lack. That sounds like a pretty f'ed up intersection, ask some city officials to look into it, if the traffic lights are not obvious enough.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Scary! glad you're safe!
SO many idiot drivers out everywhere these days!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:04 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Oh my god was that you? I am so sorry I almost hit you, you see I was busy texting my girl friend about her eharmony date and I accidentally spilled my coffee in my lap and well, you know . . . . . Sorry

Old 05-23-2011, 10:11 AM
NorCal_Cyclist is on a distinguished road
Glad you're ok!! Well done!

I think if I would have done the same, I might have averted my accident...

Old 05-23-2011, 10:18 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Cool head and great reflexes...there is no substitute

Old 05-23-2011, 07:50 PM
YellowCayenneS will become famous soon enoughYellowCayenneS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Cole
So this Saturday morning I was sitting at an intersetion with me, my girl, my two big dogs and a bunch of large Pelican Cases in the CTT.

The light turned green and before I could go a car came flying through the intersection on the red light. We thought "Wow! Good thing we hadn't moved yet".

In the mean time a line of cars had formed at the red light in the lane nearest to us.(blocking our view of the second lane over) A good 10 seconds have passed now. We pull into the intersection to turn left(on our green light). As I pass the first row of cars I see a car coming straight at my drivers door at about 50 mph!!!! Obviously this person also has no idea their light is red!!!

With no other options, I straighten the wheel out and pin it to the floor!! The CTT roared to life with all its furry and got us out of the way. She only missed us by maybe 3-4 INCHES!!!

This was also an intersection DEEP gutters on both sides. So the clearance of the CTT was very nice for a full throttle run across the intersection.
I am glad you are safe

Old 05-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
excellent! at least YOU were alert. I had a similar encounter in my cooper s, except the agility of the car saved my girlfriend, dog and myself.