Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

An order has been placed..Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 05:11 AM
d_amt_78 is on a distinguished road
An order has been placed..Any suggestions?

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this forum and I'm really glad to be here.
This is my first Porsche buying experience and I would really appreciate your suggestions.
I've placed my order back in April and since then I've made some changes and here is the current configuration:

2012 Cayenne V6
8-speed Tiptronic S including Automatic Start-Stop System
Jet Black Metallic on Luxor Beige
Walnut Interior Package
Stainless Steel Door Entry Guards with Model Designation in Front
19-inch Cayenne Design II Wheels / Wheel hub cover with coloured crest
Bi-Xenon Headlamps incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Electrically operated tilt/slide moonroof
Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors
Driver memory package
PCM with Navigation Module
Rearview Camera with Front and rear ParkAssist System
Servotronic
14-way power seats w/ memory
Lane change Assistant
Rear side sunscreen
Light comfort package
Rear heated seats
Front seat ventilation
Voice control for PCM
Trailer hitch without hitch ball
3M Stoneguard from the dealership
2 year Porsche approved extended warranty

I went with the V6 and not the CS or or Turbo because I'm planning to get a 911 down the road and that would be my performance car. Does that make sense?

Do I need the PASM, Air Suspension, PDCC or the PTV? I'm not planning on doing any off-road driving.

Do you agree with the 2 year Porsche approved extended warranty?

I've heard some negative reviews on the heated windshield and 2 dealerships didn't advice to have it. Any suggestions?

I'm so excited to drive my first Porsche. Would really appreciate all your comments and suggestions.

Thanks

Old 05-24-2011, 07:57 AM
ronl will become famous soon enoughronl will become famous soon enough
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...immensely.html

Don't know how to paste links but the above shows how the premium pac plus may give you more bang for your buck.

I owned the non leather luxor beige interior for a bit and felt it did not measure up to the vehicle in general. Darker colors in non leather seem to do best.

Generally, you might consider the upgraded suspension, especially as part of a pac, and full leather. Maybe you could drop a few things if you have to.

Any way you go from here, you will have a great vehicle. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I did go with the comfort package plus but I just listed the options here in details.
I'm considering the PASM but I'm not sure about the air suspension.
Regarding the seats, It looks a bit expensive to go full leather but I'll look into it again.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:00 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Welcome, and great build! Some thoughts from fellow V6 owner.

- Some have said the there is a strong glare off the dash from the Luxor beige, although I have no experience with it and it seems to a popular choice of int color.

- Have you thought about adding the Ext Package in High Gloss Black? It's a $150 option in the states, looks cleaner IMO with black trim around the windows since you don't have the roof rails.

- If you think you'll need/want the roof rails in the future, they cannot be added later.

- I have the standard suspension, and the truck drives/handles better than anything I've had in the past (BMW, Lexus). PASM, AS, PTV, & PDCC are not necessarily needed just for off road, but from all accounts on this and other forums, add to the agility and handling of the Cayenne and are superb. Not sure of your budget, but as I'm sure you know, adding all of those on a V6 will take your cost up by close to $10k. I personally would not opt for all of these on a V6. If you were going CS or Turbo, different story. A couple other V6 owners have PASM + PTV and have said it's great.

- If you're thinking about adding PASM or other options and need to cut, I'd opt out of the voice control, the aluminum door sills, and possibly the wood trim. All are nice to haves, but the controls of the PCM are so convenient, I'm wondering if the novelty of talking to it would wear off? The aluminum door sills are nice, but you will rarely get to enjoy them and they can be added after. Just personal preference on the wood trim, but I like the piano black and would rather spend the $ on PASM.

- I'd do the 3M/PPF after market. You can probably get a better, custom job done for similar cost.

- Extended warranty, are you referring to the 2 year prepaid maintenance? If so, in 2 years you'll get an oil change and a minor service. Not sure the cost, but also not sure it's worth it if we're talking about the same thing.

- Given you're in Canada, you may get some good use out of the heated windshield. Great discussion about it here starting with post #48: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-avatar-4.html

- Lastly, I added the entry/drive to mine build since I had it on my 2 previous vehicles and wouldn't want to be without it.

Like ronl mentioned, any way you go, you'll have a great truck. Hope this was helpful and good luck!

Last edited by slw23; 05-24-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-24-2011, 12:28 PM
synk will become famous soon enough
I wonder if the Lange Change Assist. Is the visibility so bad that it's necessary?

Old 05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by slw23
Welcome, and great build! Some thoughts from fellow V6 owner.

- Some have said the there is a strong glare off the dash from the Luxor beige, although I have no experience with it and it seems to a popular choice of int color.

- Have you thought about adding the Ext Package in High Gloss Black? It's a $150 option in the states, looks cleaner IMO with black trim around the windows since you don't have the roof rails.

- If you think you'll need/want the roof rails in the future, they cannot be added later.

- I have the standard suspension, and the truck drives/handles better than anything I've had in the past (BMW, Lexus). PASM, AS, PTV, & PDCC are not necessarily needed just for off road, but from all accounts on this and other forums, add to the agility and handling of the Cayenne and are superb. Not sure of your budget, but as I'm sure you know, adding all of those on a V6 will take your cost up by close to $10k. I personally would not opt for all of these on a V6. If you were going CS or Turbo, different story. A couple other V6 others have PASM + PTV and have said it's great.

- If you're thinking about adding PASM or other options and need to cut, I'd opt out of the voice control, the aluminum door sills, and possibly the wood trim. All are nice to haves, but the controls of the PCM are so convenient, I'm wondering if the novelty of talking to it would wear off? The aluminum door sills are nice, but you will rarely get to enjoy them and they can be added after. Just personal preference on the wood trim, but I like the piano black and would rather spend the $ on PASM.

- I'd do the 3M/PPF after market. You can probably get a better, custom job done for similar cost.

- Extended warranty, are you referring to the 2 year prepaid maintenance? If so, in 2 years you'll get an oil change and a minor service. Not sure the cost, but also not sure it's worth it if we're talking about the same thing.

- Given you're in Canada, you may get some good use out of the heated windshield. Great discussion about it here starting with post #48: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-avatar-4.html

- Lastly, I added the entry/drive to mine build since I had it on my 2 previous vehicles and wouldn't want to be without it.

Like ronl mentioned, any way you go, you'll have a great truck. Hope this was helpful and good luck!
Thanks for the reply.

I did think about the external package in high gloss black but the trim moulding on the rear bumper will be black as well (only with black and jet black exterior colors) and I would rather keep the silverish color.

I don't like the look of the roof rails so I'm not considering them.

I have to check with the dealership regarding the extended warranty. As far as I know it should be extended warranty and not maintenance.

I think the voice control is not a must I may reconsider it.

What do you think regarding the interior? Should I go with full leather? It's $6,140 with the 14 way power seats and can't be selected as part of a package (Canadian site).

Old 05-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by synk
I wonder if the Lange Change Assist. Is the visibility so bad that it's necessary?
I would've not selected the lane change assistant but its part of a package. I don't think I'll need it that much.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:55 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
slw23's reply is spot on (as always). The man is such a class act when it comes to his advice. I totally echo his thoughts. Luxor Beige will reflect on the dash unless you drive with polarized glasses in which case it is a non-issue. I would strongly consider PASM and AS if your budget allows. I am not a big fan of heated windshield coz of where I live, it will certainly never be a big factor. I hope you went through my thread. The link has been added on slw23's reply. I have gotten used to the heated windshield for the most part and would not bother swapping it at this point. . If there is something in this world that is better engineered thatn the Cayenne, think no further. It is the human body and mind. I could not sit and drive the Cayenne with the heated windshield. Now I hardly notice it.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 05-24-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
http is on a distinguished road
I think you are missing the B .... Bose or Burmester ...
My 2012 june bulid V6 has premium plus package and Burmester with noise insultaing glasses. I thought about PASM and PDCC ...gave up as no off roading here .
I changed Luxor Beige to black cause of the glare and easy staining .
Agree with Slw3.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:16 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
http, PASM and PDCC has nothing (or I take it back very little) to do with off-roading.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:28 PM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
I think that PASM is well worth it. I use it almost everyday. Comfort in the city, normal on the highway and sport around town. you can def feel the difference!

Old 05-24-2011, 02:30 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by synk
I wouldn't say it's necessary- I don't have it and have no issues whatsoever with visibility. Definitely a nice to have IMO.

Originally Posted by d_amt_78
What do you think regarding the interior? Should I go with full leather? It's $6,140 with the 14 way power seats and can't be selected as part of a package (Canadian site).
Full leather is an option on the US V6 and CS models as well, so I feel your pain. I tried to stay within a certain budget and went with the standard black interior, which is great IMO. Full leather would only be icing on the cake. I should add that just about everyone's comments I've read about the full and natural leathers is once you have it, it's an absolute must. I don't know what I'm missing, so I don't think it's a must and would rather spend the $ on the performance options, personally.

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
slw23's reply is spot on (as always). The man is such a class act when it comes to his advice. I totally echo his thoughts....
Thx for the kind words, buddy- just trying add a little value! It would have been nice to have all the opinions back when we ordered.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i would go for thermally insulated glass before heated windows. it is an amazing option and i can leave the car in the sun anytime and it is so much cooler.

i had heated windshields on my Land rover and great, but the stuff would always freeze over the wipers after you parked and went inside. if you aprk outside in the winter, i would get the heated windshield though - it cleared the window really well.