Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Stainless Steel Skid Plates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:51 AM
jmeyersnv is on a distinguished road
Stainless Steel Skid Plates

Our 2012 Cayenne Turbo is on order, with a lock-in date of June 8.

Since originally ordering our SUV, I have been thinking of adding the stainless steel skid plates in front and rear, primarily for appearance. I am interested in the opinions of others about:

1. Do they enhance the appearance, or, with the umber paint, do they look a bit garish; and

2. Does their additional weight an any way impair the performance of this vehicle?

Many thanks!

Old 05-29-2011, 12:01 PM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jmeyersnv
Our 2012 Cayenne Turbo is on order, with a lock-in date of June 8.

Since originally ordering our SUV, I have been thinking of adding the stainless steel skid plates in front and rear, primarily for appearance. I am interested in the opinions of others about:

1. Do they enhance the appearance, or, with the umber paint, do they look a bit garish; and

2. Does their additional weight an any way impair the performance of this vehicle?

Many thanks!
I'd be interested in knowing what the actual weight is, if anyone has that info.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:16 PM
YellowCayenneS will become famous soon enoughYellowCayenneS will become famous soon enough
depends on exterior color, I thought about it for my yellow but decided against it. It looks great on Silver/Grey, just my 2 cents.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I think it adds a nice custom option and sporty look. Much like painting the mirrors to match and the mirror arms.
Check some of my pics ive posted, they might be helpful.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:55 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I ordered them from suncoast and had them installed locally. So I felt their weight, I would guess the front is under 5 pounds and the rear is about 2 pounds. They are very very thin pieces that just go over the black plastic.
I think they look best on dark colors like black and dark blue, I would not put them on umber.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:52 AM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I ordered them from suncoast and had them installed locally. So I felt their weight, I would guess the front is under 5 pounds and the rear is about 2 pounds. They are very very thin pieces that just go over the black plastic.
I think they look best on dark colors like black and dark blue, I would not put them on umber.
Thanks, good to know they are light. Hopefully, they are substantial enough to get the job done.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:19 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
They look great on any color that is not light such as white or silver.

I think Umber has a luxurious look and the skid plates would add a nice sporty touch. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I have them on my Sand White and I love the look!