Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 CS Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 06:10 PM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
2012 CS Pricing

I am close to pulling the trigger on a pretty heavily optioned CS (Premium pkg plus, panny roof, etc). MSRP just at $85,000; invoice is about $75,000 based on Edmunds. Dealer is offering invoice plus $5,000. Seems like a great deal considering the demand. Am I missing something here?

Old 05-30-2011, 10:55 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
that's a good deal, 6% off MSRP. i didn't look into CS that much but from what I've read on the forum 6-8% off a CS is a good deal, looks like you're towards the bottom of it. why don't you try for 8% off and see what they say?

it's really the V6 that is in crazy demand.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Psalm40 will become famous soon enoughPsalm40 will become famous soon enough
That sounds about right. You can get an idea of what is possible by checking out the American Express car buying website http://amexnetwork.zag.com. If you are not familliar with it, you basically just punch in your specs, it calculates a MSRP/invoice number for you and spits out a price from a participating dealer near you. There is usually a set algorithm....such as 6% below MSRP or $1000 over invoice, for example.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:21 AM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
I've checked around and for a C I got offers in the 2-4% range in SoCal. On a CS I've heard 4-5% range in SoCal and on a CTT I've heard 8% in other parts of the country (didn't inquire about SoCal since I'm not getting a CTT) based on other people posting here.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:33 AM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Psalm40
That sounds about right. You can get an idea of what is possible by checking out the American Express car buying website http://amexnetwork.zag.com. If you are not familliar with it, you basically just punch in your specs, it calculates a MSRP/invoice number for you and spits out a price from a participating dealer near you. There is usually a set algorithm....such as 6% below MSRP or $1000 over invoice, for example.
I tried ZAG and found out it said I could save 10K on options on a CS so loaded it came out to over 110K, (you save more on a loaded CS than on a CTT because all the options are supposed to be at cost), but no ZAG dealers were interested in selling at that price. Best I could do was someone said 2K off MSRP on a CS at that price level. Most dealers would not get back to me after I mentioned what ZAG told me they should be sellling the car for. The ones that did would send emails like 'come in and test drive our new black S' without even mentioning the ZAG price I had asked for over and over again.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:31 PM
cjwal is on a distinguished road
WFBlue,

New poster here. Ordered my 2012 Cayenne back around May 12th. I have a June 29th build date. Looking forward to the First Week of August delivery. My deal was just about what you have been offered. I got about 6.8% off when all is said and done. (Basis is about your same price.) I'm in Dallas and we have 3 dealerships in the metroplex. Not sure if that helped. But it seems like a good deal to me.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Psalm40 will become famous soon enoughPsalm40 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hrd
I tried ZAG and found out it said I could save 10K on options on a CS so loaded it came out to over 110K, (you save more on a loaded CS than on a CTT because all the options are supposed to be at cost), but no ZAG dealers were interested in selling at that price. Best I could do was someone said 2K off MSRP on a CS at that price level. Most dealers would not get back to me after I mentioned what ZAG told me they should be sellling the car for. The ones that did would send emails like 'come in and test drive our new black S' without even mentioning the ZAG price I had asked for over and over again.
Hmmm...I was under the impression that the dealer that is listed as the ZAG dealer is under some form of contractual obligation to uphold their quote. They may dump you to the end of the production que, but they should still accept the discount. I have done this with two dealers (Porsche and BMW) and both have agreed with the discounted pricing....I have yet to go through with the final purchase (deciding between Cayenne and X5M), but both dealers were OK with the on-line quotes. Both are in Minneapolis, by the way.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:57 PM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cjwal
WFBlue,

New poster here. Ordered my 2012 Cayenne back around May 12th. I have a June 29th build date. Looking forward to the First Week of August delivery. My deal was just about what you have been offered. I got about 6.8% off when all is said and done. (Basis is about your same price.) I'm in Dallas and we have 3 dealerships in the metroplex. Not sure if that helped. But it seems like a good deal to me.
Agreed. Multiple dealers in close proximity seems to be the key. Assuming a reasonable # of allocations, someone is going to make a few bucks, even if it is not the gigantic mark-up to MSRP.