Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2006 Cayenne Turbo Dealer Price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:53 AM
VTGT is on a distinguished road
2006 Cayenne Turbo Dealer Price

I am negotiating on a 2006 Cayenne Turbo S with only 46k miles. The car is fully loaded with a 117k MSRP. I can get the vehicle for $44k OTD or 46 OTD with CPO. Any thoughts on this price? The dealer is paying $38.7k and adding 4k for reconditioning and any repairs, and profit. Shipping will be $800, Car needs 40k service $900, and anything else needed to pass VA inspection/emissions. I usually buy my cars through dealer auction at near wholesale, but I like this route because this is a porsche dealer and they are only making 1-2k Max on me.

The only thing I am trying to justify is paying this much for a 5 year old Cayenne Turbo (or any 5 year old car). I am almost in the 2008 Cayenne Turbo price range among other newer cars.

On a completely opposite note I test drove a new S4 and the manual transmission is butter.

Comments welcomed

Old 06-04-2011, 10:18 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
You have a PM sir

Old 06-04-2011, 06:22 PM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTGT
I am negotiating on a 2006 Cayenne Turbo S with only 46k miles. The car is fully loaded with a 117k MSRP. I can get the vehicle for $44k OTD or 46 OTD with CPO. Any thoughts on this price? The dealer is paying $38.7k and adding 4k for reconditioning and any repairs, and profit. Shipping will be $800, Car needs 40k service $900, and anything else needed to pass VA inspection/emissions. I usually buy my cars through dealer auction at near wholesale, but I like this route because this is a porsche dealer and they are only making 1-2k Max on me.

The only thing I am trying to justify is paying this much for a 5 year old Cayenne Turbo (or any 5 year old car). I am almost in the 2008 Cayenne Turbo price range among other newer cars.

On a completely opposite note I test drove a new S4 and the manual transmission is butter.

Comments welcomed
Have you considered a new 2011 or 2012 V6?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
I paid about the same price for my 06 CTT-S about 8 months ago (31k miles).. If you can get it to be CPO'd the better... I think the newer CT's are more than $60-70k in the market (but I guess that depends on your area, mileage and condition of the vehicle).. I haven't seen even a 08 GT-S that have gone down to the upper $40k.. mostly mid-to-upper 50k..

Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 AM
taddyangle is on a distinguished road
What reconditioning and repairs are they doing? Also, what about coolant lines? I know this is an issue on 2003-05, I think, but not sure this also applies to 06.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:40 AM
it's an issue on the first gen cayenne (955).. there are less issues (on this) reported on the 06 CTT-S because there are fewer of these than the other 955's.. i've talked to a few owners of the CTT-S and none of them have had problems with their coolant pipes (there's this one guy that already have 100k+ miles on the 06 CTT-S and it's still doing good.. but as advised, it's just a matter of 'when' these will leak (plastics).

Old 06-05-2011, 10:44 AM
if they include the 40k service, that's $1200 here in my area... CPO is best so you don't have to worry about issues (pipes, water pump, cardan shaft). non-porsche warranties are hit-miss and they are expensive. not all companies accept Turbo engines so I suggest go with the Porsche dealership CPO... just negotiate the price if you can...

Old 06-07-2011, 05:26 PM
crowland will become famous soon enough
I know everyone will have a different experience with their cars, but I will tell you from my experience I will never purchase another Porsche without having a factory warranty or being CPO. I have had my 06 CTT-S for about 6 months, and it is a CPO. During that time I have had the PCM replaced 3 times, which are quoted from the dealer at 6K a piece for parts alone, let alone the 6-8 hours of diagnostics.

This was my first Porsche purchase and I have come to the realization that it is not worth owning one of these vehicles outside of warranty. The parts and labor are astronomically expensive. All it takes is one very small part to break to get to 2K price difference.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by crowland
I know everyone will have a different experience with their cars, but I will tell you from my experience I will never purchase another Porsche without having a factory warranty or being CPO. I have had my 06 CTT-S for about 6 months, and it is a CPO. During that time I have had the PCM replaced 3 times, which are quoted from the dealer at 6K a piece for parts alone, let alone the 6-8 hours of diagnostics.

This was my first Porsche purchase and I have come to the realization that it is not worth owning one of these vehicles outside of warranty. The parts and labor are astronomically expensive. All it takes is one very small part to break to get to 2K price difference.
Dude - your dealer is filling your head with inflated numbers. The PCM for an 06 is $2K max and most dealers can sell a reconditioned for $950. The labor to swap it is 30 minutes rounded up to 1 hour. Concerning your stealer "fixing it" 3 times, you might want to find another dealer as that sounds like strike 3 - CPO or not.

Concerning owning them off CPO, its still a German made vehicle and generally more durable then most other cars. Regardless, most dealers will sell you a decent aftermarket warranty from $1,800 - $3200 if you buy it before your warranty runs out with the cost dependent on mileage.

Pcars do not have to cost much to repair if an owner takes the extra time on Google. There are plenty of independent shops that will fix a porsche for far less than a dealer and in- line with a decent premium domestic car. Case - Dealer oil change - $270 by me. Independant 6 miles away - $175. Doing it myself - $95 with Porsche parts.

I highly recommend non-cpo owners shop around for good independents and ask for references from places like this.

Hope this helps

Old 06-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback guys! I started a new Job on Monday so the C-TTS (or any P-Car) has taken a back seat.

I just know that I have a great relationship with the GM at my local Porsche Dealership now and I can pretty much get what I want for only 1-2k over wholesale/trade-in value which I think is pretty amazing, especially for CPO'd vehicles.

With that being said I would like to ramble a little bit and say that I am always looking for new cars i.e. E60 M5, E63, M3 etc. but I always come back to the CTT or CTTS because the car can do everything I need and more...Hopefully I will have time to pick something up once my job calms down a little bit.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
You have a PM sir
PMED back.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by crowland

I would also never own a Porsche without any type of warranty, and preferably a factory or CPO warranty

.....well until I am comfortable working on them

Old 06-09-2011, 07:22 PM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
+1 on the CPO. I'm currently naked. While it is true any half-decent DIY-er can do most of the stuff relatively cheaply, my entire Cayenne experience would have been very, very different wiht the CPO. And I love my Cayenne.

If you get this vehicle, it will be the best $2K you spend.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:50 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by VTGT
Thanks for all of the feedback guys! I started a new Job on Monday so the C-TTS (or any P-Car) has taken a back seat.

I just know that I have a great relationship with the GM at my local Porsche Dealership now and I can pretty much get what I want for only 1-2k over wholesale/trade-in value which I think is pretty amazing, especially for CPO'd vehicles.

With that being said I would like to ramble a little bit and say that I am always looking for new cars i.e. E60 M5, E63, M3 etc. but I always come back to the CTT or CTTS because the car can do everything I need and more...Hopefully I will have time to pick something up once my job calms down a little bit.
long time no talk. hope all is well. That sounds like a good price for the TTS. BTw, you need to hook me up with the dealer contact so i can pick up a porsche as well for close to auction prices.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
long time no talk. hope all is well. That sounds like a good price for the TTS. BTw, you need to hook me up with the dealer contact so i can pick up a porsche as well for close to auction prices.
The price is def. Pretty good but the more I think about it the more it makes sense to wait for a 2008 cayenne turbo or even 2008 GTS. I think once the 2011s start hitting the auction block all cayenne turbos will suffer further depreciation.

For some reason I started thinking about adding the 996 TT and 997 C2S (leaning more this way) to the decision making process as well.....

I don't think I can go wrong with any of my choices though. But as much as I want a 911, my life pretty much dictates a SUV, and I do not have space for more than 1 nice car (only one garage spot )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 Cayenne Turbo Dealer Price