Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Any reliable shop that can install the Alum Coolant Pipes in Houston area?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Markenstein3D is on a distinguished road
Any reliable shop that can install the Alum Coolant Pipes in Houston area?

Anybody knows a reliable shop/mechanic in Houston area that can install the aluminum coolant pipes in a 06 CTT-S? Got a good price from Suncoast for the kit.. now I need a shop to install them.. thanks in advance.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
By any chance you wind-up going to the dealerships, avoid Momentum on US59. The gorillas there did mine on the CPO and had to order engine covers after scratching those up when I picked it up. And I'm pretty sure they are the ones that didn't route a hard vacuum line that eventually split in the rear of the engine.
Don't want to tackle it yourself?

Old 06-07-2011, 05:38 PM
thanks head.. nah.. i'm not that good with tinkering specially with cars.. i wish i know how.. if there's anyone out there who would take me as intern on weekends i'll do it ;-)

anyways, just got a response from Erick of Eurowerks.. i've read good feedbacks from this shop so we'll see..

just wanted to get this pipes done so I don't worry about this blowing up... I haven't done long trips on this car in the fear of this pipes..

after this, i'm thinking about EVOMs intakes - btw, where's a good place to get these?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:50 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
I got my intakes off Ebay used. If I just wasn't swamped with weekend stuff I'd be happy to lend you a hand getting those replaced. As it is I probably couldn't help out until July. Motowerks of Houston seems to do good work on high end cars as well from what I hear but I haven't used them yet.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks man.. I really appreciate your inputs.. I've talked to Erick from the shop.. I'll be ordering the parts/kit from Suncoast Porsche. I'll update this post on the experience from the shop.. As said, good feedbacks.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
I have been using Eric for a couple months now. Only pit fall is that he always needs the car all day.... example we will be going in for new tires... he needs the car all day.. I live close by so they drop me off but i still think all day for tires is a bit much.

Good shop and hes a nice guy.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:54 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I'm in the same position, called around to find the reasonable shop to do the job for my 2006 CS.
But it turned out, the local Porsche dealer came out pretty reasonable. (Avg $50 more than other indy shops in Seattle, WA area.

Would you take it to the Porsche dealer service shop if the price difference is only $50 compared to indy-shops?

Old 06-13-2011, 07:15 PM
good point PCST.. even it its' 200 difference or 300 i'll take the dealership since they guarantee the work for 2 yrs (on the same part/s and service) but around here, it's not the close... it's just crazy how dealerships here charge for the same service.. some even discourage you to bring your own parts because they want you to buy it from them.. why does SunCoast give you a good price and the others can't? Maybe because they believe that in giving you a good deal, you'll come back and do business with them again, and again, and again (and then they get their profit - but they know you'll come back).. even if I don't know how their service is, if it's a 300 difference, i'll probably ship my car to Oregon and have them work on the car, why? because I don't feel raped...

Old 06-13-2011, 07:59 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, I guess I left out the details.
The dealer service dept here in Seattle area (only 2 close by, Barrier & Larson Porsche) are willing to do the job w/ me supplying the parts, but won't give a warranty on the work, even thought the parts are still wrapped with Porsche Genuine OEM all over.

Anyways, I'm still debating which route is the best for me to take.
(a) take the parts to the dealer but no warranty, but the question is would I ever have a problem with it once it's all said and done?
(b) take the parts to the indy, who knows what the warranty would be.
(c) DIY, haven't yet found the one where I can easy to follow.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:16 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Motorwerks Houston ask for Akram and tell him Tom from San Antonio sent you. Been with him since 2008 on several cars, very trustworthy and thorough but takes some time getting things done due to his high demand.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:20 PM
lbotello is on a distinguished road
Houston coolant pipe repair

Did you ever find a shop in Houston to update your coolant tubes? I too am looking for someone reasonable.

Thanks,
Lou

Old 11-26-2011, 08:57 AM
ended up going to Porsche North Houston - they did install the alum kit but didn't replace the t-connectors that I insisted they replace.. I was told instead that the tech said they didn't need to be replaced (bulls*t)... anyways, I'm looking at going to EVS Motorsport when I get a chance and maybe they can help me out..

Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 AM
sent you a PM too... good luck.