Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My radio is in and everything works... YES, even the steering wheel controls!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:22 AM
jeduardoz is on a distinguished road
My radio is in and everything works... YES, even the steering wheel controls!

Because everywhere you read you get a different story, I figured I'd break down exactly how to accomplish this.

What you need:

1) Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT ($850-$1000)
2) iPod cable ($40)
3) NAV-TV Bose amp module ($500 if ordered through a retailer)
4) Metra Axxess ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130556969625&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT)
5) ACP Dash kit - ($150 on eBay) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...d=253575449678)
6) MOST IMPORTANTLY!: An audio shop that KNOWS what they're doing and that will go the extra mile of calling NAV-TV during the install to insure that there are no bugs whatsoever.

I spoke to many shops before picking my installer. If you live around Fairfield County, I'd highly suggest King Car Audio in Norwalk, CT. It's a father and son operation that has been at the same location for almost 15 years. To be honest, the shop looks a little run down, but their solid reputation and the amount of know-how that came out of Mo's mouth made the choice easy.

THAT'S IT! This is all you need to get it done. Anyone that tells you that you absolutely need to change the amp, buy fiber optics, rewire speakers, yada yada is just trying to up-sell you. The system sounds great, there are no glitches and I'm ecstatic to finally get rid of the POS OEM radio.

Here are a few pictures. This dash kit looks miles better than the one advertised for $300+

Attached Images    

Last edited by jeduardoz; 08-07-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
es201nj is on a distinguished road
Looks great. Once I get all the performance mods out of the way..... Audio is next on the list.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Andershoberg is on a distinguished road
Do you have fader control? Base control? with this module?

Old 07-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
How is the sound quality with the OEM speakers? I've been considering totally replacing the system in our Cayenne, including the speakers. However, I may keep the speakers in place if the aftermarket head unit works well with them.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:23 PM
rgibson is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info. I was looking at this but was scared away by all the MOST bus stories! Good to know that it is possible with the stock amp after all!

Did you lose the ability to display audio track info, phone info, and Navigation prompts in the instrument cluster display?

Old 08-01-2011, 11:47 AM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
Very nice - post more pics!

You are pushing closer and close to facing whether I can live with the existing one a little longer or not. So if your upgrade pushed over $2k, can you recoup any of the cost by selling the old unit? A little pricey for a decent NAV and stereo... but cheaper than an '11 CTT I suppose.

I assume the instrument panel display is lost with this upgrade.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:35 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
well done my friend

Old 01-17-2012, 02:13 PM
vishal is on a distinguished road
Are you able to maintain all steering wheel controls (volume, track skip, mute, and most importantly, answer and end calls)?

Old 01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
i just added an amp and small sub and it kicks. just sayin.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:26 PM
vishal is on a distinguished road
I did exactly the same (JL Stealthbox and Alpine amp). I was in the process of installing a Mobridge in order to get Bluetooth phone/audio and realized it's likely a mistake to spend close to $1000 installed and still be limited by the factory PCM head unit and decade-old navigation technology.

I will likely get a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT unit instead but would like to keep as many of the steering wheel controls as possible.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:12 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Question, is the GPS really that necessary?

I really just need a head unit that can sync and charge an android or iphone, or has pandora built in or rhapsody capability.

I have GPS on my phone and an individual GPS unit I picked up 3-4 years ago. Now, I just spent 2 weeks in a remote area, neither the cell nor GPS worked too well on either unit. But Im out lets say 150 bucks on each?

I really want to just pop in a strong Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood head unit.......and the ability to sync or use Music Link App to the phone.

Any one done a none video screen install?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
great job and very useful info. thanks

Old 08-31-2015, 09:17 PM
ICSPres is on a distinguished road
Bumping an old thread. The aforementioned head unit appears to still be available and cheap now. I'm getting close to wanting to do this as well. What's the latest on what breaks in the process? Is this still the best set of piece parts?

Old 09-14-2015, 06:21 PM
ams165 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jeduardoz
Because everywhere you read you get a different story, I figured I'd break down exactly how to accomplish this.

What you need:

1) Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT ($850-$1000)
2) iPod cable ($40)
3) NAV-TV Bose amp module ($500 if ordered through a retailer)
4) Metra Axxess ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130556969625&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT)
5) ACP Dash kit - ($150 on eBay) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...d=253575449678)
6) MOST IMPORTANTLY!: An audio shop that KNOWS what they're doing and that will go the extra mile of calling NAV-TV during the install to insure that there are no bugs whatsoever.

I spoke to many shops before picking my installer. If you live around Fairfield County, I'd highly suggest King Car Audio in Norwalk, CT. It's a father and son operation that has been at the same location for almost 15 years. To be honest, the shop looks a little run down, but their solid reputation and the amount of know-how that came out of Mo's mouth made the choice easy.

THAT'S IT! This is all you need to get it done. Anyone that tells you that you absolutely need to change the amp, buy fiber optics, rewire speakers, yada yada is just trying to up-sell you. The system sounds great, there are no glitches and I'm ecstatic to finally get rid of the POS OEM radio.

Here are a few pictures. This dash kit looks miles better than the one advertised for $300+

Curious to know who did your face plate?

I have an Alpine X008 and my authorized very experienced Alpine dealer did a crappy custom job.