Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Did a full LED swap on my 2011 Cayenne

Old 09-17-2011, 10:46 AM
EasternLI is on a distinguished road
Did a full LED swap on my 2011 Cayenne

Thought it was weird that Porsche only does some of the interior lights with LED's so I ordered ones to replace the rear cargo overhead, the two on the tailgate, the ones in the front and rear driver and passengers footwells, and the ones on the bottoms of all 4 doors. The only ones I wasnt able to replace were the license plate ones because you get an error code on the dashboard screen. The match is pretty much perfect if you order the 'cool white' color. Ill post the place and types of bulbs if anyone is interested. Not sure if im allowed to link to a site.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:03 AM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
I'm thinking of the same thing, do you mind sharing where to get those lights.

Thanks

Old 09-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Superbrightleds.com is where I purchased them from. You'll need (8) WLEDx6 wedge based bulbs in cool white for the 4 footwells and 4 doors, (2) WLED-xHP single LED in cool white for the two lights on the tailgate and (1) high power LED Festoon 4210-xHP12 for the cargo area light. Swapping them is very easy just need a small flathead screwdriver and about a half hour. Make sure its close to dark before doing it so you can see if they work since the ones in the rear and footwells seem to be on a light sensor. Also you might want to buy a couple extra in case you get a bad one or it burns out. Good luck.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:32 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:33 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EasternLI
Superbrightleds.com is where I purchased them from. You'll need (8) WLEDx6 wedge based bulbs in cool white for the 4 footwells and 4 doors, (2) WLED-xHP single LED in cool white for the two lights on the tailgate and (1) high power LED Festoon 4210-xHP12 for the cargo area light. Swapping them is very easy just need a small flathead screwdriver and about a half hour. Make sure its close to dark before doing it so you can see if they work since the ones in the rear and footwells seem to be on a light sensor. Also you might want to buy a couple extra in case you get a bad one or it burns out. Good luck.
Thanks EasternLI!!

Old 09-17-2011, 06:29 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Thanks!!!

Last night was the first time I have driven my Cayenne at night since I got it and I noticed that some lights weren't LED and it looked odd with the ambient lighting on.

I will definitely be doing this.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:29 PM
some pics of the lights, my point and click probably isnt the best

camera to get night shots with. The door and footwell look blue in the pics but are more white and closer to the OEM stuff in person.

Attached Images      
Old 09-19-2011, 05:44 AM
Hal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really niceHal 2000 is just really nice
My LED license plate lights lasted exactly one year. Now I get the ! until i turn the lights on and off then it is ok. Inspected bulbs and micro components have blackened. Connections are perfect. Any one else have LED failure after a year on exterior LEDs' ?

Old 09-19-2011, 05:45 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
nice...

Old 09-19-2011, 07:48 AM
I swapped out the license plate bulbs on my Infiniti for LED's and they would only last 6 months or so before they would start blinking and needed to be replaced, on the other hand all the interior bulbs which were exactly the same have lasted 2 yrs plus so im not sure what the deal is. I tried to replace the bulbs on my Cayenne but immediately got the warning on the dash.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:31 PM
d_amt_78 is on a distinguished road
I swapped out the license plate bulbs on my Infiniti for LED's and they would only last 6 months or so before they would start blinking and needed to be replaced, on the other hand all the interior bulbs which were exactly the same have lasted 2 yrs plus so im not sure what the deal is. I tried to replace the bulbs on my Cayenne but immediately got the warning on the dash.
What about the horseshoe light? mine is yellowish because I don't have the light package? is it possible to change to LED?

Also in the tailgate, are you referring to the lights under the red cover?

And in the doors as well, is it the lights under the red cover? or some other lights?

Old 01-14-2012, 06:16 AM
i have the light package so not sure about the horseshoe, pop it out and see what type of bulbs are in there. Im the tailgate i am referring to the bulbs in the liftgate which are partially red on the cover, same with the doors

Old 01-14-2012, 06:35 PM
d_amt_78 is on a distinguished road
i have the light package so not sure about the horseshoe, pop it out and see what type of bulbs are in there. Im the tailgate i am referring to the bulbs in the liftgate which are partially red on the cover, same with the doors
Thanks alot..Your post is of great help..

Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 PM
furryjet will become famous soon enough
Can someone point me out how to remove the rear cargo light? I used a flathead but it wouldn't come off..

Old 01-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Any issues with "light out" for any of the interior lights? Are they canbus and in need of a resistor to work for LED?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Did a full LED swap on my 2011 Cayenne