Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Jacking up the Cayenne (w/ air suspension)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 AM
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Jacking up the Cayenne (w/ air suspension)

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find the exact needed information on how to use an aligator jack to raise the Cayenne without destroying the air suspension.

I have a nail in my rear left tire and i need to remove it so ghat i can take it to the tire shop for a plug and paych work.

Any of you guys have tried jacking up your Cayennes? Where are the jack points if i were to use an alligator floor jack? And what do i need to do prior to jacking it up? Push what and which buttons?

Any info or an experience shared would be apreciated. TIA!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Lock the air suspension, the instructions to do so is in the manual. Press up on the level change selector for 10 secs. The instrument cluster will says "regulation off" once done.

Then jack up the vehicle on either the circle lift supports (if you have an adapter for it) or under the side rockers using the factory jack. There are little doors on the rockers that remove in order to use the factory jack.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:39 AM
circle left support

Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Lock the air suspension, the instructions to do so is in the manual. Press up on the level change selector for 10 secs. The instrument cluster will says "regulation off" once done.

Then jack up the vehicle on either the circle lift supports (if you have an adapter for it) or under the side rockers using the factory jack. There are little doors on the rockers that remove in order to use the factory jack.
Thanks for the response. Yes i did look at the manual on how to turn of the auto leveling system and also how to use the factory jack. However, it was not illustrated in the manual on where the jackpoints are if i were to use an alligator / floor jack. I also do not have any or know anything about the adapter you have mentioned. Do you have a picture of the jackpoints and adapter? I saw a circle with a sort of a nut in the middle under there and it seem to be a jackpoint. But im afraid to experiment on it and break something else hahaha. Ill try to take a picture later and post it...

Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket
I also do not have any or know anything about the adapter you have mentioned. Do you have a picture of the jackpoints and adapter?
Here is a picture a porsche jack adapter. It fits inside the circles on each post of the vehicle. I bought a couple of them:

Link to eBay Auction

Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket
I saw a circle with a sort of a nut in the middle under there and it seem to be a jackpoint.
Generic picture of subframe mount for illustration purposes:

If you are referring to one of the main subframe mounts, it is not recommended. However, since they bolt right to the most rigid part of the chassis, I have used them in the past to lift the vehicle up with proper protection to the rubber bushing. You can use a solid rubber hockey puck as a buffer between the metal jack pad and the subframe bolt/mount. Once again this is not the recommended method.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Thank you very much mr Renaissance.Man! Appreciate this very much. I dont think we have those adapters but i can try and have someone attempt to copy or fabricate something similar. I will also try to find the post where that stud goes in.

Thank you for the pictures as well!

Old 04-19-2014, 01:01 PM
carrera4slakem is on a distinguished road
Okay, if you hold the air control up for 10 seconds to disable the air suspension. How do you re-enable the air suspension?

Old 04-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by medcap
Okay, if you hold the air control up for 10 seconds to disable the air suspension. How do you re-enable the air suspension?
The same way...just hold it up for 10 seconds and the lock icon on the cluster will go away

Old 04-22-2014, 09:01 AM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
For Jacking info see this for additional info:
http://www.pelicanparts.com//techart...ur_Cayenne.htm

Old 04-27-2014, 06:43 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
I had to once in '07 or '08 with my last one. It's all clearly laid out in the manuals. The German engineer's put it in step by step layout so it would be good to read that first. Once you do that it's really easy.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:17 AM
Ilish Asmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I need to turn off the air suspension before jack-up for Cayenne 2013 (958) or it only for Cayenne 955/957?