Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

PORSCHE Logo on rear decklid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Dr. Z is on a distinguished road
PORSCHE Logo on rear decklid

I want to install the block letter Porsche logo on the rear declid on my 06 Cayenne. What is the best way to be sure that the logo is in the correct position and that it is installed level or straight? Thanks.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
You can only do so much with leveling. It will never be as "perfect" as how it comes from the factory but you can use painters' tapes to create boundaries to avoid any imperfections/mistakes. I am pretty sure that Porsche logo comes in a strip (never done one on Porsche).

If you are a perfectionist (like many other car enthusiasts), I guess you can take measurements off of 958s and approximate the center, etc. I also like the Porsche logo but not so much that I want to "copy" what's on 958s currently.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
I just installed mine last week, a long level and tape gave me the line across the bottom.
I spaced them 1 1/2 apart, less spacing then how it comes on the tape. I then used a smaller level for each letter as it was placed. Also the S was centered direct under the wiper cover box.

See pics here.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-updates.html

Old 04-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Dr. Z is on a distinguished road
Logo

Thanks for the tips....will install the logo as soon as it arrives.....DR

Old 06-25-2013, 08:03 PM
spawnywhippet has a spectacular aura aboutspawnywhippet has a spectacular aura aboutspawnywhippet has a spectacular aura about
I broke the letter C in the Carrera emblem on my 997.2 while washing it, so decided to go with the 991 emblem.

Removed old emblem with fingernails and cleaned up with mild cutting compound

Further measuring.

Required 45mm gap between the letters and 165mm at each end of the emblem

Finished product

Attached Images