Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Lowering Modules

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
If you post the instructions, I will happily test them with a PIWIS here at the shop and report back on whether or not it works with PIWIS.
Sure - no worries. Keep in mind that my instructions will be based on the Durametric since most people will not have direct access to the PIWIS. So some interpretation will be needed to have the same end result via PIWIS. I have lots of screenshots, I just have to find them and do the write-up.

FWIW, member "SLVR-GTstreet" was able to take my Durametic instructions and reprogram his level control module using a PIWIS while visiting his tuner. So the steps, are probably not too far off.

Keep in mind the Touareg and Cayenne use totally different interfaces and control modules, which is why the Touareg can be lowered with VAG-COM.
Different interfaces - Yes. However, I was fairly certain it is the same physical level control module. Meaning that the part numbers will cross reference in the PET and ETKA programs. Probably not too surprising when you consider that the VAG group uses the the air suspension technology across Audi, Porsche, VW and Bentley. I have the tech articles from Porsche that I can find if you are interested.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 02-26-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
Cole -

Love your wheel/Tire setup!!

What are you using if anything for a module?

Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wink

Originally Posted by Saggio
Cole -

Love your wheel/Tire setup!!

What are you using if anything for a module?

Stock.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
For those who were interested, I've put some pressure on the powers that be, and got the go-ahead to lower the price of our lowering control unit by over 20%!! Hopefully this helps some people who were undecided because of price...

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...cmslcu955t.htm

Old 07-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
For those who were interested, I've put some pressure on the powers that be, and got the go-ahead to lower the price of our lowering control unit by over 20%!! Hopefully this helps some people who were undecided because of price...

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...cmslcu955t.htm

tom - is this price still there? where does this module go & presume easy to do?

finally, i assume you will ship across the ditch to Canada

Old 07-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
tom - is this price still there? where does this module go & presume easy to do?

finally, i assume you will ship across the ditch to Canada
Actually, the price you are seeing is our "new" retail price. The unit used to cost $1400, but in response to a pretty strong demand for lower pricing, we lowered it to $1100.

This unit installs in line with the factory control unit, which on most models is located in the trunk area.

Shipping to Canada is not a problem.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
Cpa4s PMd you

Old 07-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Actually, the price you are seeing is our "new" retail price. The unit used to cost $1400, but in response to a pretty strong demand for lower pricing, we lowered it to $1100.

This unit installs in line with the factory control unit, which on most models is located in the trunk area.

Shipping to Canada is not a problem.

so instructions are included Tom & simple DIY

Old 07-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor
so instructions are included Tom & simple DIY
Some experience with simple wiring would be helpful. If you've ever installed a basic car stereo then this should be simple for you.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Some experience with simple wiring would be helpful. If you've ever installed a basic car stereo then this should be simple for you.

ok Tom - out for a week so will call in a bit. thx -

Old 07-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor
ok Tom - out for a week so will call in a bit. thx -
no problem. You can even just order directly from our website (link above). All those orders get processed by me anyway.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:16 AM
i read somewhere onanother thread? that you must get a new alginment if you plan on driving it in reduced height mode most of the time - never seen that comment before but person sounded like they new what they were saying?

Old 08-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
i read somewhere onanother thread? that you must get a new alginment if you plan on driving it in reduced height mode most of the time - never seen that comment before but person sounded like they new what they were saying?
It is recommended. I never got an alignment after lowering and have been fairly happy with the evenness of my tire wear. On my second set now. However, your experience may vary due to any number of factors.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:44 AM
ydlee is on a distinguished road
Installation

Is this plug and play? Adjustable height or one setting of 55mm lowered? Does the module self adjust to harsh road conditions like a carlsson lowering module in a mercedes?

Old 08-05-2013, 05:32 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ydlee
Is this plug and play? Adjustable height or one setting of 55mm lowered? Does the module self adjust to harsh road conditions like a carlsson lowering module in a mercedes?
It is somewhat plug and play you have to hard wire it in...it does not adjust to harsh road conditions. Im selling a Renntech Lowering module if your interested its brand new never been installed....

As far as alignment...anytime you lower a vehicle it is always recomended to do an alignment because your changing the complete setup of the suspension of the vehicle. Its up to you if you want to do that...can you get away without it? of course.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering Modules