Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:52 PM
carreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the rough
RKD thats exactly what mine looks like ( I have a CTT). I also have 275-45-20 tires ... so my gap is filled even more. I did mine via Durametric about 1.5 years ago. Lower definitely changes ride quality, and i notice changes between sport, normal, and comfort. That is just the way these shocks work.

Also as a side note: I just added front and rear mudflaps to the car. I really like they way they look. Yours look great to, especially when lowered.

Last edited by carreracup03; 09-03-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:51 AM
meplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of light
heres some ****ty quality pics of mine after the 25mm drop. this is at the low driving setting. i also have the techart lowering module. i'll get some better quality pics later but at least you get the idea of the stance...

EDIT: i actually think the bottom pic is at NORMAL level.

Name:  cayennegarage_zpse295225a.jpg
Views: 1728
Size:  1.75 MB

Name:  cayennenight_zps7c8d2c7e.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  1.67 MB

Last edited by meplease; 10-09-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Waitin4Dv is on a distinguished road
Hey

So the lowering module doesn't lower it even more right with the durmetric? If I lower my with durmetric it will set that low? I herd of people removing or triming down the rubber snub I believe it's call inside the shock so the ride is not as bad. This is what a shop told me after he hated the ride after just the techart loading module.

Originally Posted by meplease
heres some ****ty quality pics of mine after the 25mm drop. this is at the low driving setting. i also have the techart lowering module. i'll get some better quality pics later but at least you get the idea of the stance...

EDIT: i actually think the bottom pic is at NORMAL level.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:24 PM
meplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of light
well the ride with the lowering module at the low setting is intolerable. its ridiculously harsh but it looks awesome when i park it! i actually ride with it at normal level where the ride is great and it still looks really low as you can see from the pics...

Old 10-22-2014, 12:48 AM
514_turbo is on a distinguished road
To the original poster, thank you very much for sharing this write-up with the 955 community. Just did this mod the other day and took less than 10 mins with the easy steps listed. Here are pics of the end result in loading mode

Old 10-27-2014, 07:22 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
early 08's do not work(07 build). I've tried. My shop that only does mostly modern pcars tried....I had to use links

Old 11-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Fastcayenneturbo is on a distinguished road
Has there been an update on the ability to lower the 958 with the Durametric?

Old 01-17-2015, 07:14 PM
shannon123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Which brings me to my last and most important point, I have seen what I think is the same programming bug for the Level Control Module calibration. I have helped a few members through this.

In a nutshell, for no apparent reason, the Level Control Module changes the acceptable value range! So if you had "290" in previously and tried to put it back it, it will complain that it is not an acceptable value; which clearly is a bug. When this happens, I start in increments of "15" and keep trying to input it until it accepts the value. So I would first try "305", then "320", then "335", then "350". For about 100, plus or minus, around the 290 (for example). In every case, it will accept one of these values (please record accepted values for each channel). Once you get all four channels, accepted and learned (please save). Then get out and measure the distance from the ground to the inner part of your fender. Then go back in and adjust your numbers from there as a point of reference.

So if it accepts "350" for a channel and you want to lower it another inch (25mm), put in "375". Do this for the rest of the channels. As long as you get to the right end result, do not worry about the values.

Once again, you are working with a programming bug.

Send me a PM if you need me to expand on this for you. I will just have you call me.

Lets say I'm searching for a "number that works" on channel 1......it seems like I really only get one chance, then I have to go back through the adaptation and read process again ? I tried to just stay on the channel and put numbers in, but that did not seem to do anything.

Last edited by shannon123; 01-17-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:28 PM
pocket Hercules will become famous soon enough
Is there a way to lower the individual low drive and load settings?
My understanding is that with this setup we are lowering the starting point of the car (normal setting)? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would like to make the low drive setting 25mm lower than stock, keep normal setting at stock and have it dumped on the load only setting.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:55 PM
shannon123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pocket Hercules
My understanding is that with this setup we are lowering the starting point of the car (normal setting)? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would like to make the low drive setting 25mm lower than stock, keep normal setting at stock and have it dumped on the load only setting.

From my experience, this is not likely possible.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:26 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pocket Hercules
Originally Posted by shannon123
From my experience, this is not likely possible.
I don't think you'd be able to do that either. What you are doing is changing the overall height. The amount of change between levels is still set. So basically lowering the number lowers all levels.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:44 AM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
The suspension obviously has a set amount of travel. The Porsche engineers set the factory values with a little over 25mm of "buffer" travel at either end of the travel limits for safety factor/tolerance stackup..etc. What this mod does is bias the total amount of travel to the low side making more available at the high side. The controller is programmed with the incremental distance of each setting & we are not changing that with this mod. This is not to say this can't be done, but those setting would be different programmed variables & I don't know if the durametric would be able to access them.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:58 PM
gtsDJ is on a distinguished road
Looks like the .pdf link in the original post is broken? Does anyone have it that they could email or something?

Thanks much

Old 03-04-2015, 01:55 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gtsDJ
Looks like the .pdf link in the original post is broken? Does anyone have it that they could email or something?

Thanks much
Looks like my hosting provider had an outage. Site is back online, so feel free to grab the PDF.

Old 03-04-2015, 02:51 PM
PaulH is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 514_turbo
To the original poster, thank you very much for sharing this write-up with the 955 community. Just did this mod the other day and took less than 10 mins with the easy steps listed. Here are pics of the end result in loading mode

Can i ask what wheels and size you have as they are just what i have been looking for ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]