Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Rmayrap will become famous soon enoughRmayrap will become famous soon enough
I understand that it can go higher I was just trying to say that the car doesn't wanna go any lower but has no problem going higher meaning i was doing it correctly

I wasn't aware the GTS is lower than the other models but that explains why Im having trouble lowering it. Wish I knew this before renting the tool

After messing with it for a few hours I don't know if I lowered it at all

I'm at 31.25 front and 32 rear from the ground to the bottom of the fender.

what is the correct procedure to set it back to factory height?
do i go into adaptation and input a random number then on channel 5 hit '0' then save and done or do i input the same 170/217 that its showing then hit '0' save and done?

Last edited by Rmayrap; 05-11-2015 at 03:13 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:25 AM
shannon123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rmayrap
I understand that it can go higher I was just trying to say that the car doesn't wanna go any lower but has no problem going higher meaning i was doing it correctly

I wasn't aware the GTS is lower than the other models but that explains why Im having trouble lowering it. Wish I knew this before renting the tool

After messing with it for a few hours I don't know if I lowered it at all

I'm at 31.25 front and 32 rear from the ground to the bottom of the fender.

what is the correct procedure to set it back to factory height?
do i go into adaptation and input a random number then on channel 5 hit '0' then save and done or do i input the same 170/217 that its showing then hit '0' save and done?
I did many of the same mistakes you did when I first attempted.
1. You must measure your vehicle height numbers AND write those down so you can reference going forward. Now, you can just start from where your at.
2. From my experience, the numbers that show up on the durametric after lowering or raising a couple times are meaningless. You must keep track of your 'rolling numbers' because every time you fire up the durametric its going to show you your default numbers. Example....durametric may show 170/217 and you want to tweak it a bit lower. Your inclination would be to use 180/227...WRONG. Your 'rolling numbers' may actually be 190/227, to tweak it down a bit you would enter 194/231.
3. I don't think you can just go thru and hit '0' to get back to factory settings....but, IF you are able to get it to accept numbers on all 4 wheels, then you know your 'rolling numbers'. At this point, measure the truck and input lowering adjustments based on your rolling numbers.
4. Its doubtful that 31.25 front and 32 back are factory......my 955 CTT sits the same on front and back and looks correct.

PS: Keep your GTS doors shut when doing this to avoid unwanted errors.

Last edited by shannon123; 05-11-2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:15 AM
So because I did not write down my default height when I first started there is no way to get it back to where it originally was?

From what I remember the only way it would accept my numbers was when I put in a lower number not higher. I don't think the GTS can be lowered much and just want to put it back to stock height again to clear out any adjustments I might of made wether lower or higher, there has to be a way to do that?

Last edited by Rmayrap; 05-11-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:24 PM
So because I did not write down my default height when I first started there is no way to get it back to where it originally was?

From what I remember the only way it would accept my numbers was when I put in a lower number not higher. I don't think the GTS can be lowered much and just want to put it back to stock height again to clear out any adjustments I might of made wether lower or higher, there has to be a way to do that?
OK....lets make this simple.

1. Find numbers that the durmaetric accepts
2. Use the numbers from above to make any adjustements...up or down.

Example
1. Lets say the numbers it accepts are 160/207
2. If you want to lower it.....put in 180/227
3. If it accepts 180/227....these are your new rolling numbers, forget about what the durametric values come up as since it doesn't keep tabs on what you've done in the past.

I do not know what the original height was or should be.....just do that above and get it where you like it and you've salvaged what you wanted to do in the first place.

Good luck

Old 05-11-2015, 05:59 PM
First of all i want to thank you for taking the time to try and help me.

The issue I'm having is when I load the adaptation the numbers come up as 170/217 which is my default setting on the gts. Anything higher than that it doesn't accept. Also if I try for example 5mm lower it won't accept that either, but when I start putting in 10mm or LOWER then it will take that usually but that defeats the whole purpose of trying to lower it since the lower number will raise the car which is why im in this situation lol.

I measured again and right now on low setting my car is at 31.75 rear and 31.25 front. Just curious what numbers you guys are seeing after lowering.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:59 PM
First of all i want to thank you for taking the time to try and help me.

The issue I'm having is when I load the adaptation the numbers come up as 170/217 which is my default setting on the gts. Anything higher than that it doesn't accept. Also if I try for example 5mm lower it won't accept that either, but when I start putting in 10mm or LOWER then it will take that usually but that defeats the whole purpose of trying to lower it since the lower number will raise the car which is why im in this situation lol.

I measured again and right now on low setting my car is at 31.75 rear and 31.25 front. Just curious what numbers you guys are seeing after lowering.
I'm sitting at 34 all the way around, but I'm sitting on 31.4" diameter wheels.

Back to your situation.....170/217 is a meaningless number, forget about what durametric is telling you because it does not keep track of your previous adjustments. Its quite possible that durametric is not accepting your lowering attempt numbers because they are 20 or 25 greater than your 'unknown rolling numbers'......keep it simple, find some numbers that it WILL ACCEPT, write those numbers down and try lowering from those numbers.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Ok so, not paying attention to the durametric default numbers I know for sure it will accept 150/197 which will raise the car. So are you saying go ahead and save that setting and let the car raise to the new height then go back in and try for example 160/207 and saving that if it accepts it and keep doing that little by little until it won't take anymore?

Old 05-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Ok so, not paying attention to the durametric default numbers I know for sure it will accept 150/197 which will raise the car. So are you saying go ahead and save that setting and let the car raise to the new height then go back in and try for example 160/207 and saving that if it accepts it and keep doing that little by little until it won't take anymore?

Yes....that's pretty much what I had to do when I was in the same situation. Just keep track of your 'rolling numbers' and work off those going forward.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Alx
Alx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jdubbya
What did I get myself into. Let it sit overnight and now all four channels are saying "this channel does not accept adaptation". On top of that I'm still getting the "pressure accumulator charging" warning and I just started it up. Still won't let me clear the fault or reset the values.

Did I get totally screwed with this or what? It doesn't seem like it will let me do anything now??

Any help out there?
Thanks!
Hi!

I just got my Durametric cable and get stock with 'channel does not accept adaptation'

Any help??

Thanks!

Old 08-06-2015, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Alx
Hi!

I just got my Durametric cable and get stock with 'channel does not accept adaptation'

Any help??

Thanks!

1. Make sure your doors are closed when doing the lowering procedure, otherwise you will get all kinds of faults.
2. It sounds like your putting numbers in 'too far' from the numbers that have been stored.
3. re-read everything on this thread carefully....the fine print is critical.
3. You will need to just keep throwing numbers at it until 'accepts' something.....then, the numbers that it accepts are your going forward numbers to work from if further adjustements are needed.

Again...reread the thread....to lower or raise my truck takes all but 5 minutes if I redo it for any particular reason. That said, the details of this thread are critical.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:13 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Alx
Hi!

Any help??

Thanks!
Originally Posted by shannon123
1. Make sure your doors are closed when doing the lowering procedure, otherwise you will get all kinds of faults.
2. It sounds like your putting numbers in 'too far' from the numbers that have been stored.
3. re-read everything on this thread carefully....the fine print is critical.
3. You will need to just keep throwing numbers at it until 'accepts' something.....then, the numbers that it accepts are your going forward numbers to work from if further adjustements are needed.

Again...reread the thread....to lower or raise my truck takes all but 5 minutes if I redo it for any particular reason. That said, the details of this thread are critical.

Yep. And if all else fails try to get it back to your starting numbers. The big thing that screwed me up was not realizing that it will throw an error if you don't make it through ALL 5 channels and save the whole thing.

Keep trying and eventually it'll get there.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Alx
Originally Posted by jdubbya
Yep. And if all else fails try to get it back to your starting numbers. The big thing that screwed me up was not realizing that it will throw an error if you don't make it through ALL 5 channels and save the whole thing.

Keep trying and eventually it'll get there.
Thanks for the reply!

I dont get any number..

Old 08-15-2015, 10:33 PM
cbagent is on a distinguished road
Like ALX, I get the same "This channel does not support adaptation" from the very first adaptation attempt.. The car never raises or lowers and now I have the Accumulator error too. If I drive it a while, the Accumulator error goes away and I can raise and lower the car through all levels. The '1437 - No/Incorrect Code/Calibration' error remains and apparently will until it makes it through adaptation successfully. Not sure where to go from here. When I enter a approximate stock value Durametric seems to go into a loop (doing nothing) and eventually "Program Has Stopped Responding" error comes up.
Reminds me of when I bricked my Apple TV many years ago trying to hack it. :-(

2006 955 Turbo

Old 09-21-2015, 10:28 AM
Alx
Originally Posted by cbagent
Like ALX, I get the same "This channel does not support adaptation" from the very first adaptation attempt.. The car never raises or lowers and now I have the Accumulator error too. If I drive it a while, the Accumulator error goes away and I can raise and lower the car through all levels. The '1437 - No/Incorrect Code/Calibration' error remains and apparently will until it makes it through adaptation successfully. Not sure where to go from here. When I enter a approximate stock value Durametric seems to go into a loop (doing nothing) and eventually "Program Has Stopped Responding" error comes up.
Reminds me of when I bricked my Apple TV many years ago trying to hack it. :-(

2006 955 Turbo
I've try several time with the same result "This channel does not support adaptation"
Any hint?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:02 AM
westsiderkg is on a distinguished road
Sorry if I missed this reading though, but will this work on MY 2012? Thanks. Also was just the Enthusiast kit needed?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]