Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:34 PM
bdtzmaru is on a distinguished road
For those receiving an error message, make sure to download the latest version from Durametric. This fixed all of my issues during adaptation.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:29 AM
hkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura abouthkb5variant has a spectacular aura about
too bad it doesn't work on 958 yet

Old 11-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Screamin6 is on a distinguished road
Has anyone figured this out yet? I am getting the "This channel does not accept adaptation" error when attempting to re-learn the calibration for the air suspension.

I bought a refurb enthusiast cable from durametric.com

I called Durametric to ask if they knew why I was getting an error and the immediate response was "We are not Porsche mechanics". WTF (I did't ask them that just wanted to know why it was not communicating properly). Their documentation sucks as well as support.

Not happy with them so far. Maybe the cable is bad?

I DID take my Cayenne to a local repair shop and they tell me it is one of the sensors.

Anyone have a PST2 for rent in the Poconos?

Last edited by Screamin6; 11-20-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:20 AM
Trivgar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Screamin6
Has anyone figured this out yet? I am getting the "This channel does not accept adaptation" error when attempting to re-learn the calibration for the air suspension.

I bought a refurb enthusiast cable from durametric.com

I called Durametric to ask if they knew why I was getting an error and the immediate response was "We are not Porsche mechanics". WTF (I did't ask them that just wanted to know why it was not communicating properly). Their documentation sucks as well as support.

Not happy with them so far. Maybe the cable is bad?

I DID take my Cayenne to a local repair shop and they tell me it is one of the sensors.

Anyone have a PST2 for rent in the Poconos?
Hate to bump an old thread, but has anyone found a solution for this yet? I've got a 2006 turbo and get the same 'this channel does not support adaptation' and now I have the air suspension fault as well.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:04 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Trivgar
Hate to bump an old thread, but has anyone found a solution for this yet? I've got a 2006 turbo and get the same 'this channel does not support adaptation' and now I have the air suspension fault as well.

That happened to me when my laptop rebooted in the middle of the process. What I had to do was play with it some more until I was able to get the stock starting numbers back in. You have to start and complete the whole process from the beginning to the very end. ALL 5 channels which is what was screwing me up. Yes I said all 5 channels, the fifth saves the whole program.

From Kent's original post..."8) Once all 4 wheels have confirmed "learned", press the channel "up" button one more time to channel "5". Enter "1" to save changes. If the system accepts your changes, it will say "control position learned" in under a minute. If it just sits there and does nothing, you may have to start over from scratch. Sometimes it takes a few times to stick.

Also like mentioned up above make sure you have the latest edition of the Durametric software loaded.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:19 PM
Trivgar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jdubbya
That happened to me when my laptop rebooted in the middle of the process. What I had to do was play with it some more until I was able to get the stock starting numbers back in. You have to start and complete the whole process from the beginning to the very end. ALL 5 channels which is what was screwing me up. Yes I said all 5 channels, the fifth saves the whole program.

From Kent's original post..."8) Once all 4 wheels have confirmed "learned", press the channel "up" button one more time to channel "5". Enter "1" to save changes. If the system accepts your changes, it will say "control position learned" in under a minute. If it just sits there and does nothing, you may have to start over from scratch. Sometimes it takes a few times to stick.

Also like mentioned up above make sure you have the latest edition of the Durametric software loaded.
I can't even begin the process. As soon as I click 'read' it says 'this channel does not support adaptation'. That's the farthest I've ever gotten. I have the latest version of durametric, and a brand new enthusiast cable.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:32 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Trivgar
I can't even begin the process. As soon as I click 'read' it says 'this channel does not support adaptation'. That's the farthest I've ever gotten. I have the latest version of durametric, and a brand new enthusiast cable.

Did you try going through all the channels and saving it? I don't know exactly what I did to fix mine to be honest I just kept playing with it. Also try to clear any codes it's storing like if the accumulator warning or bad suspension workshop is coming up. These will usually all store a fault code. You should be able to clear all that with the Durametric too.

Once I got all the codes cleared and was able to get back to the adaptation I was finally able to get it to work. Just make sure you are following all the steps in Kent's original instructions and making it through all 5 channels to save it all.

I wish I could tell you exactly what to do but I can't because I didn't really keep track of everything I was doing. I can tell you most folks I've heard have eventually been able to figure it out with sometimes a LOT of fiddling around. It basically took me a couple hours the first night and probably a good 1-2 hours the next day.

Shouldn't be that hard but what can I say? Good luck is all I can say.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:47 PM
18ri is on a distinguished road
Lowering Question

Will this work for a 958 Cayenne?

Old 02-29-2016, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by 18ri
Will this work for a 958 Cayenne?
Well according to the post about 5 up from yours it won't work on a 958. If you have a Durametric you can check and see if adaptation is available. The last person who checked said it wasn't.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:48 PM
ATK_Designs is on a distinguished road
Please help:

I'm having the same issue on my 955 when trying to Read:

It shows: This channel does not support adaptation.

It stuck on the first step so I cannot even do anything.

Old 05-04-2016, 11:19 AM
FLiPSyDe71 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

I'm having the same problem. A few seconds after I click on "Read" I get the error, "This channel does not support adaptation." My rear suspension is all uneven and I need to level it out. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:56 AM
Sid3ways is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefully this thread isn't dead and the few that know a lot about the system are still subscribed.

I bought an 08 CTT that has lowering links and I'm absolutely sick of the ride quality. I'd really like to do this the proper way through the Durametric but I'm a little worried with the recent posts about this not working correctly for some.

My main question though is I don't know what the stock ride height should be since I have these lowering links. I could either alter the links so it goes back up to original stock height, or I can purchase the stock plastic links again (though I heard those aren't exactly easy to re-install). Can anyone provide some direction on the best way to go?

Thanks!
Andy

Old 04-29-2017, 10:43 AM
menchacai is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

i got durametric cable and today i installed it on my computer. Purpose of durametric is to lower the car.
i have porsche cayenne 955 turbo S with 383kw (521HP) year 4/2006.
i connect the car like was in the instruction and i could do the test and see if something is wrong.

then i start to use application for lowering and i did like the instructions are written and the problem begins at reading the first value (channel 1 - left front). It was written "this channel does not support adaptation". the same was with other 3 channel, and then i came to 5th.channel where i have option to save or to do factory reset (0). i choose factory reset and then the software blocked (nothing happened for 10min only the clock-icon appeared nonstop). Then i was forced to unplugg the cable and reset the comp.

the car now doesnt lift or lower its written "pressure acumulator charging". if i restart the car its written yellow warning "air suspension faulty workshop"

i need your help, had anyone the same problem? how to solve this?
tnx in advance

br
marko

Old 05-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by menchacai
Hi,

i got durametric cable and today i installed it on my computer. Purpose of durametric is to lower the car.
i have porsche cayenne 955 turbo S with 383kw (521HP) year 4/2006.
i connect the car like was in the instruction and i could do the test and see if something is wrong.

then i start to use application for lowering and i did like the instructions are written and the problem begins at reading the first value (channel 1 - left front). It was written "this channel does not support adaptation". the same was with other 3 channel, and then i came to 5th.channel where i have option to save or to do factory reset (0). i choose factory reset and then the software blocked (nothing happened for 10min only the clock-icon appeared nonstop). Then i was forced to unplugg the cable and reset the comp.

the car now doesnt lift or lower its written "pressure acumulator charging". if i restart the car its written yellow warning "air suspension faulty workshop"

i need your help, had anyone the same problem? how to solve this?
tnx in advance

br
marko

I wish I had paid more attention and documented it better when I was going through this with mine. I think I had to clear all the codes then get the program to save. Then I was able to get it to take new values and go through the whole process. It was a pain but it did work.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:16 AM
menchacai is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi
i try many different ways including with engine on, engine off (here i empty my battery), with XP, with win7, with gearshift in position N and P...all what i could remember.

i figure it out that when i press button "read" the softwear doesnt allow me to store (button done) or to click another folder at left column. The program blocks, the clock-icon appears and nothing happens. i must shut down the program with task manager (end process).
im already in contact with support to whom i already send log report. they told me that they need some days to check all. i hope this isnt only excuse that they take as much possible time they need.
i think that the problem is in cable or cable firmware.
i try to install older version of dura. the install was successful but couldnt recognize the cable.

its interesting that a lot of guys here had the same problem but nobody write down how they solve this, if they did.
i find a lot of same issues on google but nowhere any answer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]