Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Implse1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ciaka
here is another question for renn~man...

Can we or have you tried to lower even more than the 25mm just added? Like maybe another 15mm?
I may try this but wanted to know the implications before attempting.
For example, is there a point at which the suspension will be affected (so low, that range of function will be affected, etc)?

I know the car will be lower, but want to make sure that the shocks to not get into a situation where they adversely affect the car handling. Thanks.
I finally did mine a few months back with this method. I lowered it 40mm all the way around and it took after a few tries. I havent read back through this entire thread since then to see if someone posted this already. Once you lower it with the durametric if you go back into the system it will show the same values that were originally there before you lowered it so if you try to go down farther you only enter in how much farther you want to go. So if you already lowered it 25 and want to get to 40 total youd only put in the number shown plus 15. If you try to put in 40 itll give you errors learned that the hard way. Sorry if one of you guys already covered that for reposting.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Implse1
Once you lower it with the durametric if you go back into the system it will show the same values that were originally there before you lowered it so if you try to go down farther you only enter in how much farther you want to go. So if you already lowered it 25 and want to get to 40 total youd only put in the number shown plus 15. If you try to put in 40 itll give you errors learned that the hard way.
Great point! I learned the hard way with this too. I was confused cause everytime I went back into the program it shows the same values.

EDIT:
I'm attempting this for the second time and can't get Channel 1 (FL) to learn a new value. It errors every time while Channel 2,3 and 4 learn just fine.
Any ideas why Channel one (FL) errors and won't learn? (I've tried everything to get it to learn numerous times.

Last edited by Saggio; 04-22-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Saggio
Great point! I learned the hard way with this too. I was confused cause everytime I went back into the program it shows the same values.

EDIT:
I'm attempting this for the second time and can't get Channel 1 (FL) to learn a new value. It errors every time while Channel 2,3 and 4 learn just fine.
Any ideas why Channel one (FL) errors and won't learn? (I've tried everything to get it to learn numerous times.
It sounds like that specific wheel sensor is giving you issues you can try rocking the car back and forth taking it for a ride, then giving the vehicle a brake restart your computer and go back in and try again. As I saw personally this can take a few minutes if all goes well or hours because of restarting and clearing codes

Old 04-23-2013, 04:09 AM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
I'll be trying this again later this afternoon. Chated with Kent a little last night and trying a few things today. Thank you Aspenone for the info.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 PM
bblake is on a distinguished road
Thanks you I was looking for this all over the Internet!!

Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
...did you reach the end of the Internet before you found us?

Originally Posted by bblake
Thanks you I was looking for this all over the Internet!!

Old 04-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Vig03 is on a distinguished road
Just did this to my ctts and it worked perfectly. I went back in a second time and adjusted the FR side to match the FL ride height with me in the car and got it right on. Thanks Kent!

Old 04-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
...did you reach the end of the Internet before you found us?
Hahahaha...

Originally Posted by Vig03
Just did this to my ctts and it worked perfectly. I went back in a second time and adjusted the FR side to match the FL ride height with me in the car and got it right on. Thanks Kent!
Cool - glad that you were able to get it lowered. This is the way the air suspension should have been from the factory in my opinion.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Vig03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Cool - glad that you were able to get it lowered. This is the way the air suspension should have been from the factory in my opinion.
I agree 100%, not only for the stance, but I love the way it rides as well

Old 05-28-2013, 12:56 PM
CooperH is on a distinguished road
Anybody close by to Toronto, Canada that I can go to and help me with this as I dont have durametic.... I called both local porsche dealers but they refused to touch it with this approach..... I am willing to pay....

Old 05-28-2013, 02:21 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CooperH
Anybody close by to Toronto, Canada that I can go to and help me with this as I dont have durametic.... I called both local porsche dealers but they refused to touch it with this approach..... I am willing to pay....
Not surprised that a dealer would not want to accept the liability. I hope you can find someone to help you out. However, I thought you might want to know that unless someone has the most expensive Durametric version, it is limited by the number of VINs it can communicate with. The main "enthusiast" version is locked to up to 3 VINS only.

If you cannot find anyone, I still have my original tuned module that I am willing to part with. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:43 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Good point for those with means to help. Only the pro version will give unlimited vin work. Others have mX number of vins they can use their cables on. I am sure there has to be more than one cayenne in TO area. Maybe Canadian porsche forums?

Old 05-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Good point for those with means to help. Only the pro version will give unlimited vin work. Others have mX number of vins they can use their cables on. I am sure there has to be more than one cayenne in TO area. Maybe Canadian porsche forums?
I posted on the Rennlist forum in Canada but no response..... anybody in buffalo,ny or chicago/new york (business trip's next several weeks) that can help? I am willing to drive

Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 AM
OK so I finally found a local garage with a Durametric that is willing to do it. Can you please advise the levels each wheel should be? (150mm?) I would like to lower it as much as possible without effectng the ride comfort. Also, I have 20' Turbo Rims on my car. Also, do any error or fault messages come up using this meethod of lowering it? Thanks for all your time and help.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:51 PM
If I were you, I would do the distances as shown in the DIY article on first page. That gives you a decent lowering already. I think in this thread I posted some pics of before and after, so you can compare. You will have to do no more than the listed amounts each time when you add to the numbers in the software or you will be getting errors. If you want lowering more than the max then you will have to do the process twice, adding the next interval you want, but as said, I would do no more than the originally said measurement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]