Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:27 AM
egreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the rough
This was a great tutorial, thank you RennMan. Used the Durametric Enthusiast cable. Took me about 15 mins. I kept the Cayenne running while I did this, very simple process. New normal height, very happy.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	381341  
Old 06-02-2014, 07:03 AM
CALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really nice
egreaves20

egreaves20
Are those 20 or 21 inch rims? Car looks awesome. Thanks

Old 06-07-2014, 02:41 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I wonder if tire size has anything to do with it. I have wrong tire size which is about 1.3 inches taller than stock...I wonder if that messes with the input value.

pdcc shouldnt' matter right? 08 turbo and It'll take values lower(raise the car) but it won't take any values higher to lower the car...hmmm

Last edited by geetee; 06-08-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:15 PM
meplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of light
i've got a 2010 s with a techart lowering module. wanting to do this but a little nervous. anyone done this with a techart lowering module? also is it the exact same process as with the techart as it is with the stock module?

Old 06-17-2014, 01:59 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
I will be trying this once my cable show up! Sounds easy enough!!

Old 07-01-2014, 04:41 PM
meplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of lightmeplease is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by meplease
i've got a 2010 s with a techart lowering module. wanting to do this but a little nervous. anyone done this with a techart lowering module? also is it the exact same process as with the techart as it is with the stock module?
Anyone???

Old 07-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by geetee
I wonder if tire size has anything to do with it. I have wrong tire size which is about 1.3 inches taller than stock...I wonder if that messes with the input value.

pdcc shouldnt' matter right? 08 turbo and It'll take values lower(raise the car) but it won't take any values higher to lower the car...hmmm
Tire size, PDCC doesn't matter here.

Originally Posted by meplease
Anyone???
Techart module is the same process since the Techart module is just a reflashed factory module. I have lowered my Techart module this way, as well as at least one other member that I know of.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:12 PM
I've got mine ordered. I should have it by the the end of the week and ill be trying it this weekend. So with the Techart I'll just enter the same amount as I would with a stock module right?

Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Tire size, PDCC doesn't matter here.

Techart module is the same process since the Techart module is just a reflashed factory module. I have lowered my Techart module this way, as well as at least one other member that I know of.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:12 PM
ok, the only thing i don't understand on the instructions is where it says if using the techart module you have to use the "correct" measurements and not to add any values (i'm assuming the 25mm).

Old 07-10-2014, 08:47 AM
If it took the first time and I want to set it at a different height do I need to reverse the process and then do it again with new values?

Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 AM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
Thanks Kent!

Old 07-16-2014, 12:55 PM
FIGURED IT OUT!!!

what happened was i lowered it and it took about 20 min.

then i wasn't quite happy with the stance so i wanted to change it. had a little bit of problems here but what i figured out was that i have to reverse the process and get if back to what it was originally, then i re did the new values and it worked perfectly!!

here's a crappy pic in the garage once i finished. this is at low driving mode. once the rain lets up i'll get it out for some decent pics...

Name:  photo_zpsaf4db24c.jpg
Views: 2327
Size:  1.51 MB

Old 07-16-2014, 06:55 PM
CALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really niceCALMOTION is just really nice
Everyone is using 25 what was yours?

Old 07-18-2014, 03:12 PM
FL +20
FR +20
RL +25
RR +25

keep in mind i have the techart lowering module. and the techart module seems to sit higher in the back when its installed thats why i dropped the back more than i dropped the front...

Old 08-04-2014, 03:48 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Joined just to say thank you for this write up! Found the write up and did the adjustment this morning before work. Took less than 15 minutes. I did +30 all around and it accepted these settings.

Chris
05 CTT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tutorial: How to lower your Cayenne Air Suspension w/ only a Durametric [DIY]