Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

SR1 exhaust from Leistung - Matte Black or polished finish to it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 04:15 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
...lol...felt same here but then thought about that I put up the $$ already so that made me feel a bit more at ease when contacting them.
Understand though that they can be swamped depending on the org, and that they may have little time to respond. However, all that does come with the company responsibilities.
So in end, ping them and make sure to provide your name, etc so they know exactly who they are talking to.

If I was waiting for 40 days or so for my product, I would have politely contacted them several times, so go ahead and inquire politely, I am sure they will respond in some way.

Will see if this ships soon for me - my last update just came in the form of cell text, stating ready to ship out tonight

Originally Posted by stormy69
ok, I left it alone since the bypass pipes arrived, just sent him another email though. I know places like his get swamped sometimes, i used to work at a similar outfit, waaaay back when phones were all we had lol.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:00 AM
e36bmer is on a distinguished road
Good luck guys.

I waited 5 months before I got most of the parts for my exhaust. I finally brought it to a muffler shop yesterday so we could cut and weld and extend, and change bends to make the exhaust from Leistung work.

I can easily say this is the worst service and product that I've ever paid a premium price for. The exhaust shop was just shaking their head the whole time saying I was dumb for buying that. They would have spent the same effort to just build me a custom exhaust and charged 1/4 the price.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:42 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
What parts did you get, and did you talk to the shop? I don't think anyone else on here said something similar about them, so i wonder if there was extenuating circumstance for your delay.
Not trying to defend shop, but to give us all a fair shake here (or shall i say 'fair share' )

Originally Posted by e36bmer
Good luck guys.

I waited 5 months before I got most of the parts for my exhaust. I finally brought it to a muffler shop yesterday so we could cut and weld and extend, and change bends to make the exhaust from Leistung work.

I can easily say this is the worst service and product that I've ever paid a premium price for. The exhaust shop was just shaking their head the whole time saying I was dumb for buying that. They would have spent the same effort to just build me a custom exhaust and charged 1/4 the price.

Last edited by ciaka; 05-05-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Well, happy to report that I was texted a set of tracking numbers from UPS. Plugged them both into the UPS site and it did say that shipping labels were generated. Looks like I will have to wait til tomorrow EOD to find out the ETA on delivery. Looks though as things are progressing.
If all goes well, sometime this week, I will be in possession of a set of secondary cat bypass pipes and the SR1 modified exhaust. Vroom, Vrooooom, Vrooooooom!!!!

Old 05-05-2013, 11:46 PM
stormy69 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ciaka
Well, happy to report that I was texted a set of tracking numbers from UPS. Plugged them both into the UPS site and it did say that shipping labels were generated. Looks like I will have to wait til tomorrow EOD to find out the ETA on delivery. Looks though as things are progressing.
If all goes well, sometime this week, I will be in possession of a set of secondary cat bypass pipes and the SR1 modified exhaust. Vroom, Vrooooom, Vrooooooom!!!!
i will be quite annoyed if mine aren't on the way at the same time ciaka....

Old 05-06-2013, 04:14 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
Well, happy to report that I was texted a set of tracking numbers from UPS. Plugged them both into the UPS site and it did say that shipping labels were generated.
You're making progress, but don't expect shipment anytime soon. Leistung "generated" my UPS label after I contacted them on my order status, but didn't actually ship for another 12 days. Needless to say, I wasn't happy; it seemed very deceitful and intended to make me think they were actually shipping my product out when in fact, they had no intention of shipping it at the time they generated a UPS shipping label.

It would have been so much easier for them to manage expectations by providing a legitimate estimated ship date up front. I could have dealt with them telling me it would take six weeks. Instead, now I view them as deceitful and providing horrible customer service. More importantly, I wouldn't recommend them and would choose not to do business with them in the future. It's a stupid way to run a business - pissing off your customers.

Still, I hope your stuff shows up soon.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM
e36bmer is on a distinguished road
What parts did you get, and did you talk to the shop? I don't think anyone else on here said something similar about them, so i wonder if there was extenuating circumstance for your delay.
Not trying to defend shop, but to give us all a fair shake here (or shall i say 'fair share' )

Well, I won't turn this into bashing them. I had a Dual 3" turbo back: headers, cat deletes, mid-pipes, tips, and SR-1 muffler. Some gaskets, bolts, O2 anti-fowlers, and couplers were never included. The mid-pipes were sawed in 4 pieces to fit in a box and nothing was considered on how to weld them together or put them back. The tips when installed were wider than the car. So, had to be cut off and re-welded along with new hangers. The mid-pipe didn't fit, so 2 bends had to be cut, re positioned and welded. The muffler hung really low, so that had to be changed and the pipe wasn't long enough to connect to the mid-pipe, so about 4in had to be added to it.

I also ordered an intake and it came with both passenger side heat shields, so I had to bend one to fit.

I never once received any shipping tracking numbers, not once. About 5 separate times were things "shipped to me" and 3 weeks later when it wasn't there, something had happened in shipping and it was on the way again, only to make it there another 2-3 weeks later, if it ever made it at all.

Nonetheless, I got tired of messing with it, said F-it and got a muffler shop to put it on after I realized it was no where near bolt-on. Then, my problem began with finding a shop that would remove cats... that was harder than expected.

Yep, that's about all... Seriously don't want to bash bc the guy sounded nice on the phone. But, man, I 100% regret the decision to purchase from that place.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by spooltime
You're making progress, but don't expect shipment anytime soon. Leistung "generated" my UPS label after I contacted them on my order status, but didn't actually ship for another 12 days. Needless to say, I wasn't happy; it seemed very deceitful and intended to make me think they were actually shipping my product out when in fact, they had no intention of shipping it at the time they generated a UPS shipping label.

It would have been so much easier for them to manage expectations by providing a legitimate estimated ship date up front. I could have dealt with them telling me it would take six weeks. Instead, now I view them as deceitful and providing horrible customer service. More importantly, I wouldn't recommend them and would choose not to do business with them in the future. It's a stupid way to run a business - pissing off your customers.

Still, I hope your stuff shows up soon.
I have the same going on. was give ups tracking data for 3 boxes, only one has shipped. that was 3 weeks ago today.

Well, I won't turn this into bashing them. I had a Dual 3" turbo back: headers, cat deletes, mid-pipes, tips, and SR-1 muffler. Some gaskets, bolts, O2 anti-fowlers, and couplers were never included. The mid-pipes were sawed in 4 pieces to fit in a box and nothing was considered on how to weld them together or put them back. The tips when installed were wider than the car. So, had to be cut off and re-welded along with new hangers. The mid-pipe didn't fit, so 2 bends had to be cut, re positioned and welded. The muffler hung really low, so that had to be changed and the pipe wasn't long enough to connect to the mid-pipe, so about 4in had to be added to it.

I also ordered an intake and it came with both passenger side heat shields, so I had to bend one to fit.

I never once received any shipping tracking numbers, not once. About 5 separate times were things "shipped to me" and 3 weeks later when it wasn't there, something had happened in shipping and it was on the way again, only to make it there another 2-3 weeks later, if it ever made it at all.

Nonetheless, I got tired of messing with it, said F-it and got a muffler shop to put it on after I realized it was no where near bolt-on. Then, my problem began with finding a shop that would remove cats... that was harder than expected.

Yep, that's about all... Seriously don't want to bash bc the guy sounded nice on the phone. But, man, I 100% regret the decision to purchase from that place.
that is very discouraging...

don't disclose online who pulled your cats.... they could be fined and shut down. now, if you pulled them, that's a different story and ok. or if it was forr off road use only.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:10 PM
...yeah...I am making all my mods for offroad purpose anyway

as soon as I drive into my driveway, I am offroad, and the car stays there for a considerable chunk of its life (at least for overnight, so what is that - at least 8-10 hrs per day, right?)

Originally Posted by stormy69
don't disclose online who pulled your cats.... they could be fined and shut down. now, if you pulled them, that's a different story and ok. or if it was forr off road use only.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM
That sounds like a whole Chit lot of work on something that is supposed to be bolt on or as simple as possible.
We discussed going 3" but I decided not to in the mean time, after doing additional research on exhaust systems/performance/etc.
I sure hope to have different outcome on my experience. Will update as my experiences come in.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:09 PM
That sounds like a whole Chit lot of work on something that is supposed to be bolt on or as simple as possible.
We discussed going 3" but I decided not to in the mean time, after doing additional research on exhaust systems/performance/etc.
I sure hope to have different outcome on my experience. Will update as my experiences come in.
my research, and experience, says even dual 3 inch is a restriction at 600 fwhp... 4 inch was out of the question as I really didn't want to build my own, i have too much going on right now, and aftermarket availability is cost prohibitive.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:16 PM
rbb1991 will become famous soon enough
I really hate you guys are having so many issues with Leistung and Rob. I didn't have ANY issues with communication or the shipping of items I have ordered from him. I am NOT affiliated with them in any kind of way. I was simply sharing my experience with him.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Vig03 is on a distinguished road
Disappointing to hear of these issues; I've ordered downpipe back exhaust...I really don't mind waiting for the product, but the lack of contact and fitment issues stated above are definitely a concern. Hope things work out...

Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 AM
yeah, I think it is safe to say we all hope it works out.
Still have not gotten updates yet on tracking #s.
However did get info from shop saying UPS should be picking up the shipment (yesterday eve). Must have not happened and track numbers still say the label was created, that's all.
Starting to see similar pattern develop, and yes would have been nice to contact during purchasing process, and be told 'hey, you will have to wait for about a month for production to complete, after which we will ship, total time to deliver approx. 6 weeks'. That would have a totally different result for customers. As stated below, many would not mind to wait, but end up being aggravated due difference between short expectation projections, vs actual times to get the stuff.

Originally Posted by Vig03
Disappointing to hear of these issues; I've ordered downpipe back exhaust...I really don't mind waiting for the product, but the lack of contact and fitment issues stated above are definitely a concern. Hope things work out...

Old 05-07-2013, 01:22 PM
I checked the tracking numbers just now, and it appears that both packages were picked up and are in possession of the shipper, with ETA of Thursday by EOD. Now, I am really started to get excited...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SR1 exhaust from Leistung - Matte Black or polished finish to it?