Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

SR1 exhaust from Leistung - Matte Black or polished finish to it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 01:16 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Exclamation SR1 exhaust from Leistung - Matte Black or polished finish to it?

If choices of color for the SR1 exhaust on my CTT was as below, which one do you think would look best. Outside trim on this car is matte silver (the pieces between windows and on handles, etc):

1. Ceramic matte black
2. Ceramic polished black
3. Silver matte
4. Silver polished

WHICH WOULD BE BEST?
I need to decide asap - they are waiting for decision to finish.

Thanks.

CLICK HERE FOR PIC

Last edited by ciaka; 04-23-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 PM
rbb1991 will become famous soon enough
I went with the silver polished look. I'll admit, I really just wanted the sound and I was not that concerned about how it looked. I know on my CTT you really have to bend or get down to see the muffler becuase how the rear bumper hangs lower on the CTT/S or GTS than the S or base. Remember, you go with the polished look, you have to keep it clean.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:14 PM
stormy69 will become famous soon enough
my vote = #1

Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 PM
s4treg is on a distinguished road
You go with #1 and you'll never worry about dirty exhaust tips again.

Plus I'm biased towards matte ceramic tips.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:42 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Had a chance to speak to Rob and spoke for a bit on this. Decided to go with the ceramic black matte finish to avoid more cleaning, and to allow it to look more hidden. Will have to sit tight until it is installed and then will post pics for those who are considering.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Vig03 is on a distinguished road
To confirm, we are talking about the exhaust and not the tips, correct? Tough choice for me personally, my CTTS is black and I'm putting on Black HRE 22s w polished lip...honestly, I think I'll be happy with whatever shows up in the box look forward to your pics!

Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 AM
yes, not the tips but the exhaust. The ceramic coating shields from heat as well, but had a tough time deciding. In the end went with the recommended ceramic black matte since it apparently hides best under the car. Others need frequent cleaning and if you get the polished aluminum look, then every time you drive over water, it could splash on the surface (hot) creating stains that need attention. So decided with the hiding factor and less cleaning. More pics will come fo sho.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 AM
adamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the rough
Good choice on the black. On my white cayenne you don't even notice the exhaust there anymore. (whereas the stock one was huge and sat down a bit and was visible from well beyond the rear of the car).

Leistung is good stuff...loving our exhaust from them...

Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 AM
...still no exhaust.
Coincidentally I was in Colorado the last few days, doing some 'work' on Arapahoe Basin slopes (Sat-Tue). Too far to drop in to visit the shop (would be a nuisance anyway).

Still no exhaust. Was told will get shipping info soon, so hoping that it will be very soon to get that in here to put on (both the exhaust and the secondary cat delete pipes).

Old 05-02-2013, 11:33 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
FWIW (and for the record), the parts I ordered from Leistung did finally show up. Be patient; your stuff will eventually show up. Doesn't mean it's not a crappy way for them to do business though.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
i am still waiting for 2 more boxes myself.... 38 days and counting.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:21 PM
..my plan worked great then...

J/K. Sorry to hear that.

Originally Posted by stormy69
i am still waiting for 2 more boxes myself.... 38 days and counting.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:29 PM
ciaka, did you get yours?

Old 05-02-2013, 02:32 PM
No. Was told it will ship Monday. Then Tue got email that there were questions Rob had for me and was going to get all of it in an email along with ship info. Waiting for the email but trying to catch up to him too.
Hoping for ship out this week though (would be nice to use weekend for shipping to reduce in week time for delivery).

Originally Posted by stormy69
ciaka, did you get yours?

Old 05-02-2013, 02:37 PM
ok, I left it alone since the bypass pipes arrived, just sent him another email though. I know places like his get swamped sometimes, i used to work at a similar outfit, waaaay back when phones were all we had lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SR1 exhaust from Leistung - Matte Black or polished finish to it?